• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Moving a Nandroid to a New Phone?

Gulfstream

Jan 31, 2010
Saturday I dropped my beloved Gnex and broke the screen glass. I bought a new one on eBay which should be here later this week. My question is...can I make a Nandroid image of my current setup (JBS 5.2) and transfer it to the new phone once I get it unlocked and rooted? Is there any special method or can I just transfer it to the appropriate folder via my computer and do a restore? What you say?

Well, I got the new phone up and running. I decided to not transfer the Nandroid and start fresh. I have it pretty much restored to the "before" condition but without the nearly two years of misc clutter. The old phone had only 7.83GB of free space and the new one has 25.39GB...that's a lot of clutter! It's almost like an entirely new model...snappy as heck! Went with my tried and true JBS 5.2 with LK kernel...loving it!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones