• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this might help some of the people that wont be home when it gets delivered but i found this form for fed-ex

http://www.fedex.com/downloads/tools/Signature_Release_Authorization_en.pdf?link=4

or this is what you need for the door note

A door note needs this:

Please leave the package by the door

The tracking number is xxx xxx xxx, and I will accept full responsibility of the package

Thank you,

Then SIGNATURE
Make sure you sign it up with your signature

Upvote 0
I called *611 from my current cell phone whose number is connected to my Order. From the Menu, I selected Option 4 - "Other", then spoke the words "Check Order Status" and followed the prompts after that.

Hahah what happened to you is the same exact thing that happened to me. The system said its been shipped with an arrival date of 2 days then said they are showing its been activated. So dumb.

When did you preorder hockey? Nm i see you said the 8th

12th here. Card was charged at least 28 hours ago

Upvote 0
Hahah what happened to you is the same exact thing that happened to me. The system said its been shipped with an arrival date of 2 days then said they are showing its been activated. So dumb.

When did you preorder hockey? Nm i see you said the 8th

12th here. Card was charged at least 28 hours ago
Yeah, it's crazy that they could have 2 automated systems that totally contradict each other and of which neither one is actually accurate or helpful. Have you received any emails from them since your original Order?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.. i'm a loooong time lurker of this thread, as I've been waiting for my SIII. i know this was mentioned somewhere so don't kill me for asking, but i got an email today around 6pm saying my order was on hold, and my payment was not accepted. literally 3 seconds after i read the email, bank of america fraud calls to confirm my payments. i confirmed the SIII order, and called VZW customer service just to make sure my order was still good.

the guy I spoke with was actually quite nice and helpful, but I haven't seen any movement on my order status since i spoke with him. He had to re-enter all of my payment information (which i hope means he didn't "re-order" the phone b/c that'll kick me off of unlimited) and then said the payment went through (is now pending on my BOA statement) and would be shipped today via overnight, though it might not get out until Monday, which means I'd get it Tuesday.

i ordered a 32gb white really late in the game - 6/26.

so... has anyone had this, then seen their status be updated quickly with at tracking number??? should i call again if I don't see any movement? thank you to everyone! this forum has been so helpful and was a great distraction from my summer classes... :)

Upvote 0
Same here. Card charged about 26 hours ago, no email from verizon, pre order page says sent for processing with a ship date of the 9th. No tracking info

Preordered online on the 12th

Where are you seeing "sent for processing"? This is the page I have, are you seeing it somewhere else

2012-07-06203847-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.. i'm a loooong time lurker of this thread, as I've been waiting for my SIII. i know this was mentioned somewhere so don't kill me for asking, but i got an email today around 6pm saying my order was on hold, and my payment was not accepted. literally 3 seconds after i read the email, bank of america fraud calls to confirm my payments. i confirmed the SIII order, and called VZW customer service just to make sure my order was still good.

the guy I spoke with was actually quite nice and helpful, but I haven't seen any movement on my order status since i spoke with him. He had to re-enter all of my payment information (which i hope means he didn't "re-order" the phone b/c that'll kick me off of unlimited) and then said the payment went through (is now pending on my BOA statement) and would be shipped today via overnight, though it might not get out until Monday, which means I'd get it Tuesday.

so... has anyone had this, then seen their status be updated quickly with at tracking number??? should i call again if I don't see any movement? thank you to everyone! this forum has been so helpful and was a great distraction from my summer classes... :)

Happened to me this past Tuesday. Called them in the evening and Thursday I had a tracking number. Since Wednesday was a holiday, I'm assuming you'll have a tracking number Monday, since I never rely on FedEx working hard on a Saturday.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

This happened to me yesterday at around 7PM. I received an email from Verizon that led off with "Your Order is On Hold"; however, it did not give a reason and the remainder of the body of the letter indicated that the Order was still in process. I called Verizon immediately and they said that it did not appear that anything was wrong with my Order but they could not give me a ship date.

Later that evening I had a call from my Credit Card's fraud department inquiring about suspicious activity. Apparently, they flagged/denied the Verizon charge for my SG3 order because it came through on the same day as my Verizon One Bill charge and the 2 amounts were very close to each other.

I then called Verizon back again later in the evening (11PM yesterday) and on this call after I told them what my credit card company had done, they looked again and said that my order had been cancelled. As was the case with you, he had to re-enter all of my payment information (which i also hope does not affect my unlimited data plan - he said it would not). He said it would be shipped overnight and that I should have it on Saturday before 3PM.

It has now been over 26 hours since I spoke with that Verizon rep to clear up the credit card issue but I have not seen any changes on the status of my order nor have I been able to get any additional information via the phone. I still have no tracking information, the status says "the order is in progress but payment has not been sent" (even though my credit card has actually been charged already).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Received today. This is a beautiful piece. Activation was a snap (followed directions) and I've been playing with it for nearly 4 hours.

Agreed!! Just amazed at this thing, too pretty to be a phone. No need to call a CSR to activate just follow the directions in the box to activate. After you activate log on to your Verizon account & make sure ( for those who are keeping your unlimited data ) that no changes were made to your plan.

Upvote 0
It is your pre-order number. It is given to you in the email you get confirming your pre order.

Doh! Of course. Unfortunate it's also at "Your order has been sent for processing"

I'm not really upset, after all, like I said to everyone else who whined, they told me ship by 7/9 so anything before that is a bonus. It's just frustrating that they charged my CC yesterday and no known recent activity. And tomorrow it will be 2 days since they charged me.

Upvote 0
Doh! Of course. Unfortunate it's also at "Your order has been sent for processing"

I'm not really upset, after all, like I said to everyone else who whined, they told me ship by 7/9 so anything before that is a bonus. It's just frustrating that they charged my CC yesterday and no known recent activity. And tomorrow it will be 2 days since they charged me.

Exactly. Verizon told everybody that the phone will be shipped by 7/10, in stores on 7/10 as well. And they have stuck by their word. So all the complaints doesn't make sense since it's only 7/6. No rush at all for. One day 1, I was expecting to get this phone on 7/10. It is now day 16 (after pre-ordering) and I still expecting to get this phone 7/10 lol. So so far verizon has been standing by their word.

Upvote 0
Evidently people don't really read posts here so let me try to help people here.

If you haven't received any shipping notice yet. Follow these steps:
1) Check order page(s) - yes two possibilities here:
Check Your Status - Verizon Wireless
https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

2) As soon as one says "Your order has been sent for processing" or the other shows plus signs next to your tracking number then you are on your way to getting some good old fashion Samsung loving.

3) At this point I would also log into your banking site to see if payment has been processed. This may also give you some indication if your bank flags as possible fradulent activity. I actually called my bank to let them know about the charge and to please approve it if they hadn't already.

4) Wait another 2-10 BUSINESS HOURS to see if you receive a shipping email from Verizon AND/OR log back into the order system to see if there is now a tracking number.

5) If no to both of the above then follow the instructions below. Wish I could take credit but I can't so I'm just reposting:

FROM Doit2it - our favorite Fed Ex guy:

"THE FOLLOWING WORKS IN THAT SHORT TIME BETWEEN WHEN YOUR FEDEX LABEL HAS BEEN PRINTED BUT YOU HAVEN"T RECEIVED YOUR SHIPPING EMAIL. TRY IT IF YOU WANT.

For those if you that are like grossie and have CC charged, status changed, but no FedEx tracking number yet:

The reference number Verizon is using for the shipments is based on the Order location and Order number (NOT the preorder number).

Go to Verizon Status with your preorder number (or look at you order confirmation email the day you ordered).
Get the Order Location and Order Number

Go to FedEx.com Track by Reference page.

Leave Account number blank

For reference number try:
LLLLLLL_00NNNNNNN where the Ls are your Order Location (including and letters), then underscore and 2 zeros, and the Ns are the Order Number. My order number was 7 digits. If your's was less than 7 you might try adding up to 4 zeros and try again.

Fill in Destination country and Destination zip code.

Let me know if this works, or if I'm just wasting your time."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones