• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log into your account online and see if the upgrade is available and then pre-order. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pre-order the S3.

Just got off the phone with them they let me move up my other line for a upgrade, but told me can't pre order the GS3 due over pre order stock what ever that means! I can order a other 4g phone for now, but I have to wait till the GS3 comes in stock with in the 30 days of return.

Upvote 0
I think that anything people read or was told prior was conjecture, since nobody in CS or stores would know until their corporate rubes published the new plans and training.

VZW wants people off unlimited and are using this phone as their Trojan horse. The new family plans are nuts:

4G + hi def streaming content + cloud data = screw the customer.

Just wait. This is the new version of the text overages scenario except there is no unlimited plan option.

At some point, VZW and the other carriers will need to see some profound and probably litigious pushback by customers. I am not a fan of such action, but seems customers are being painted into a cost corner.

Capping like this is a pure sham and can be managed better by throttling data "abusers".

Upvote 0
I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I get home. I have to add a ghost line to do it, but the $15 extra a month is better than the $30+ taxes and fees the new plans would add. I'm thinking blue because I can see the white getting grimy pretty fast. Now the question is, 16 or 32 gigs. I currently have a Dinc2. It's got a lousy 1gig of internal memory and a 16gig SD card. 736mb left on internal, 11 on SD. The 16gig should be big enough to store all my apps, with the SD holding all my pics and music, but what if it's not?!:eek:

Upvote 0
I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I get home. I have to add a ghost line to do it, but the $15 extra a month is better than the $30+ taxes and fees the new plans would add. I'm thinking blue because I can see the white getting grimy pretty fast. Now the question is, 16 or 32 gigs. I currently have a Dinc2. It's got a lousy 1gig of internal memory and a 16gig SD card. 736mb left on internal, 11 on SD. The 16gig should be big enough to store all my apps, with the SD holding all my pics and music, but what if it's not?!:eek:

You can always get a 32gb or even 64gb SD card. If you still worry about it not being enough, then why not get the 32gb version of the phone and then get a 64gb sd card, that'll give you 96gb (approximately)

Reactions: cmybliss
Upvote 0
Not to de-rail this thread from the SG3 any farther - but can someone answer a question for me? My son wants to upgrade to a smartphone but does not currently have a data package other than paying $10 per month for his LG Envy. Would it be better to upgrade now at the 2gig for $30 price for him as I have already preordered my SG3 and will continue with unl data?

Upvote 0
Not to de-rail this thread from the SG3 any farther - but can someone answer a question for me? My son wants to upgrade to a smartphone but does not currently have a data package other than paying $10 per month for his LG Envy. Would it be better to upgrade now at the 2gig for $30 price for him as I have already preordered my SG3 and will continue with unl data?

Well the double data promotion is over, so I think that is the only choice he has...

Upvote 0
You can always get a 32gb or even 64gb SD card. If you still worry about it not being enough, then why not get the 32gb version of the phone and then get a 64gb sd card, that'll give you 96gb (approximately)

Yes, I was thinking the same. I should have more than enough space for my media, it's the apps I'm worried about. From my understanding, you cannot move apps to SD on ICS. Not sure I like that feature.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to drop in and say to add me to the pre-order club. I was holding out as long as I could but with today's news, I burned my last upgrade. Some familiar names in here from my Gnex thread.

I hope VZW doesn't screw us over with the pre-order. My online order receipt clearly states "email and web unlimited, 29.99" that's what I ordered and agreed to, it should be what i get. Otherwise I will just return the phone and have them revert my plan back to unlimited and buy a phone at full price at a later time.

Hey RadYO! I preordered as well. Hope this phone lives up to the hype!!

Upvote 0
Hey guys I need your help. With the new data plans going in effect real soon, I have to upgrade my phone within the next 15 days.

The 16gb S3 is going to cost me $282 with all the taxes and fees(California tax is $52 on this phone). I've called verizon 5-7 times already asking for a discount and they've they can't give me a discount unless they already see one on my account. Which sucks because I've been a customer for so long. The last time I called the lady even got mad at me and said I've called a lot of times already(stated the date and time of each time I called) and told me that I've asked for a discount each time I called, and told me the rep gave me the same answer every time, so I should just stop calling.

So I can either buy the S3 now for the full price, wait to see if amazon gives preorders for the verizon version before the 28th so I can save $50 in taxes(assuming I can keep my unlimited if I order from amazon), or just wait for the new nexus lineup and get that with limited data.

I really wanted this phone, but the max I can afford to pay for it is $200~$230(college tuition is really high :( )

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I need your help. With the new data plans going in effect real soon, I have to upgrade my phone within the next 15 days.

The 16gb S3 is going to cost me $282 with all the taxes and fees(California tax is $52 on this phone). I've called verizon 5-7 times already asking for a discount and they've they can't give me a discount unless they already see one on my account. Which sucks because I've been a customer for so long. The last time I called the lady even got mad at me and said I've called a lot of times already(stated the date and time of each time I called) and told me that I've asked for a discount each time I called, and told me the rep gave me the same answer every time, so I should just stop calling.

So I can either buy the S3 now for the full price, wait to see if amazon gives preorders for the verizon version before the 28th so I can save $50 in taxes(assuming I can keep my unlimited if I order from amazon), or just wait for the new nexus lineup and get that with limited data.

I really wanted this phone, but the max I can afford to pay for it is $200~$230(college tuition is really high :( )

Thanks.

What phone do you have right now? You could sell it on ebay & that could get you some extra $ to spend on the S3.

Upvote 0
I used to have the original droid, but it broke, so I got a old blackberry curve to hold me out until the S3 came out. I've been using it for about 4-5 months now and I hate it. It's not worth much, I got it off of craigslist for $20.

Well scratch that idea. You could always do what I did in college to earn extra $ sell your blood & plasma.

Upvote 0
Canceled my Best Buy pre-order with a ~9 July delivery and went with a VZW pre-order with the same delivery date. VZW said that they have no record of my pre-order with BB and thus when I receiver the order on the 9th and it is activated, it may not retain my unlimited data since it is going tiered 28 June. VZW will honor my UL data if pre-ordered through them. And, VZW gave me a $50 off incentive.
I wonder how many VZW people are going to cancel their BBuy orders like I did?

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad. I just ordered and didn't get any discounts either.:(

Yea it sucks. California taxes are killing me.

Canceled my Best Buy pre-order with a ~9 July delivery and went with a VZW pre-order with the same delivery date. VZW said that they have no record of my pre-order with BB and thus when I receiver the order on the 9th and it is activated, it may not retain my unlimited data since it is going tiered 28 June. VZW will honor my UL data if pre-ordered through them. And, VZW gave me a $50 off incentive.
I wonder how many VZW people are going to cancel their BBuy orders like I did?

Could you give me the number you called please. I would love to see if I could get that incentive too.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone... went to my local Verizon store and thought I'd share my experience. I (like so many I'm sure) was freaked out about the new data plans announcement today, especially since I wasn't financially prepared to pre-order right away, and I intend to keep my unlimited data plan.

Talked to the CSR who assured me that by pre-ordering before the 28th, any existing data plan would remain the same if so chosen (for the duration of new contract), as by pre-ordering, you are actually renewing your contract.

More importantly... your CC (or debit card) is not actually charged until the device ships (or just before).
Once he said that I went ahead and pre-ordered, and can confirm (4 hours later) that my card indeed doesn't have a charge or auth. from Verizon. He said it would be charged probably a day or two before actual shipping, which he said looks like 07/09 (but could be sooner).

I have a receipt in hand (as well as confirmation email) that basically confirms my plan remains the same, and I still get to keep my 17.5% work discount for both voice and data!

Happy camper here... :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones