• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you preorder the new Samsung Galaxy 3 before June 28th if you can keep unlimited data? I went online to vzw and tabbed through all the way to payment info and it came up to make changes or keep everything as is including unlimited date. We have unlimited data and I was told that if you upgrade your phone, your plan will change, and it will go to having to purchase a data plan. So, not sure if I should preorder or just wait. Thanks.

Upvote 0
haha that's crazy! Do you have the picture still? What happened in the end?

Just to clarify my original post. I'm not saying people should not be using so much data, I was just saying I didn't think so many people did haha.

But honestly, if I ran Verizon and was losing money or potential profit on people using 20-60gb a month, I would change the data plan too. They're in it for the profit just like every other company/human.

I was in an uproar at first too, because who knows, maybe I would use around 5gb a month, but now that I see people using 20,30,40gb of data, I can see why they changed their plan :(

I should have the original Bill somewhere. I know I saved it, I have moved a few times. After 3 months of not hearing anything about it. I emailed bombed every verizon exec I could find. 4 hours a later I got call from a gentleman with a really think new york accent. I dont remember his name but I remember him saying " I am not in charge of wireless but I have direct connection with who is and I will look into this" The next morning I got call from some one named aaron who said my account has been credited. :) who ever that man is he had some huge pull. If my memory serves me right I looked him up and he was the vice president of the land line side.

Upvote 0
I should have the original Bill somewhere. I know I saved it, I have moved a few times. After 3 months of not hearing anything about it. I emailed bombed every verizon exec I could find. 4 hours a later I got call from a gentleman with a really think new york accent. I dont remember his name but I remember him saying " I am not in charge of wireless but I have direct with who is" the next morning I got call from some one named aaron who said my account has been credited. :) who ever that man is he had some huge pull. If my memory serves me right I looked him up and he was the vice president of the land line side.

"I would like to offer you a credit on your bill, on this the day of my daughter's wedding."

Upvote 0
What's the big deal with unlimited data anyways? Are you guys streaming a ton of hi DEF movies every month? I do a lot of online browsing and tether to my iPad quite a bit. I still have yet to go over 3GBs in a month. I can't see getting anywhere close to 10 in one month.

The key emphasis is "I" ;)

Your usage and others is not the same, so assuming a standard based on your own experience is your perspective alone.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this but Samsung is copying Apple's strategy in a lot of ways. Why not ship small quantities to the US to create a frenzy and make people want them more just like Apple's been accused of doing.

On a serious note I think by July the demand will be caught up with and most carriers will have stock and Verizon won't have much of a delay.

Upvote 0
As an absolute minimum, I stream 40 hours a month not counting any other data. I have a backwoods 2 hour drive to and from work without much radio to choose from so streaming is my survival tool.

And the carriers are literally banking on that and a percentage of the data capped users to breach the cap and pay more. Especially kids that like to compulsively use YouTube that now streams in HD. The cloud push is their ultimate trojan horse for revenue flow.

The impact of ticked off consumers will dwarf the gnashing of teeth that texting breaches caused. Key reason being to fix that, unlimited plans were created.

Data is going opposite and completely counter intuitive to logic, but NOT to director and above bonus plans for the carriers ;)

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this but Samsung is copying Apple's strategy in a lot of ways. Why not ship small quantities to the US to create a frenzy and make people want them more just like Apple's been accused of doing.

On a serious note I think by July the demand will be caught up with and most carriers will have stock and Verizon won't have much of a delay.

With the launch date this far back they should not have any delay.

Upvote 0

Samsung did not do this with the global version of this phone. This is only happening with the U.S. version. The rumor is the qualcomm is having trouble with the demand and it makes sense.

Upvote 0
This is going to be a bit off topic, but I see many people have preordered the pebble blue over the white S3. I ordered the white and I am just wondering why so many people went with the blue. Just preference? Or am I missing something? Personally I don't like how the blue has that generic metal look or whatever it is. However I wish I could see it in person to be sure.

Upvote 0
I can tell you I order the blue because I like the brushed look. Also, white is too much like iPhone and I can see it getting very dirty, even with a case.

I'm really hoping this launches soon. I preordered day 1 so I know my date is the 9th of July, just hoping its earlier. I'm just worried it will be delayed and even if its a day or two, I risk missing it while on vacation and that turns into an even bigger problem/hassle.

Upvote 0
I ordered the 16gb white. The white with the silver edge, come on you can't go wrong with that. Only issue, I use screen protectors and a case. I may have to rock this one without a case. Will surely make me nervous.

Get a clear case. That's what I'm going to do so I don't cover up my nice blue phone.

I got blue (my favorite color) and my wife got white (she's going to get a pink case...works much better with a white phone).

Reactions: Rdjr74
Upvote 0
This is going to be a bit off topic, but I see many people have preordered the pebble blue over the white S3. I ordered the white and I am just wondering why so many people went with the blue. Just preference? Or am I missing something? Personally I don't like how the blue has that generic metal look or whatever it is. However I wish I could see it in person to be sure.

I asked the same after the first hour i ordered when I was the only one that ordered white. :( I will probably exchange it for blue. :(

Upvote 0
I ordered the 16gb white. The white with the silver edge, come on you can't go wrong with that. Only issue, I use screen protectors and a case. I may have to rock this one without a case. Will surely make me nervous.
I'm going no case as well. I used to use a case all the time but now I hate them. Phones feel so much better without one. I'll be extra careful for quite awhile. I've never dropped any of my phones so far so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Rdjr74
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones