• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][AOSP]LiQUIDSMOOTH-v1.1-FiNAL Updated 3/12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly new to the whole custom from thing but I do love this one. Is teathering included in this rom? Also I haven't updated from v1.0 and I was wondering if its worth it to go to 1.1 and do I have to do a complete wipe and start from scratch to do it? Thanks everyone.

I don't know if tethering is included, but you can always just download Wireless Tether from the Play Store (Market) for free.

You don't need to do a full wipe to upgrade to 1.1. Just make a backup, wipe your cache, your Dalvik cache, and you're good to go.

Upvote 0
Since I'm having such horrible battery life on AOKP M4 I decided to have a go at this one. It looks like there are more options for modding according to Rootzwiki's website, which I like.

Backing up now!

My question is, this thread doesn't seem to get the love that AOKP's does. Any reason for that? It looks like a pretty good ROM from the description.

Upvote 0
Since I'm having such horrible battery life on AOKP M4 I decided to have a go at this one. It looks like there are more options for modding according to Rootzwiki's website, which I like.

Backing up now!

My question is, this thread doesn't seem to get the love that AOKP's does. Any reason for that? It looks like a pretty good ROM from the description.

On AF, it seems like AOKP is the more popular ROM, but it's nothing to do with which one is better. I personally recommend Liquid over AOKP and indeed any ROM so far. I'm getting much, much better battery life with this ROM than I did with AOKP.

(For the record, not that it matters, but on Rootzwiki, the Liquid thread has ~400 pages compared to AOKP's 200)

Upvote 0
Are any of you having wake issues? If not, it may be a setting issue related to me alone. I had the same problem on AOKP 25. It was fixed in B27 over there...so wonder if it is similar.

Wake issues? As in the processor failing to sleep when the phone is on standby?
Or the phone waking up from time to time? Not really sure what that means :eek:

In either case, though, I haven't noticed any problems.

Upvote 0
Wow, just wow! I installed this yesterday and it really unlocked what I knew this phone was capable of!

Two (very) small gripes:
1) The setting that allows the torch to be turned on by holding the power button from a locked state seems unstable. I was only able to get it working once then as I'm trying to show it off to my g/f (who could honestly care less) it didn't work and ended up locking up my phone.
2) Randomly is slow to wake-up. I'm experiencing a 1-4 second delay when waking the phone (probably 30-40% of the time) from a sleeping state - black screen. This is with and without the "quick wake" setting.

My biggest regret is selecting this as my first ROM. I can't imagine they are all this good and now I don't want to try any others out.

9.9/10 - If not for those very small bugs you'd have a perfect ROM.

Upvote 0
Wow, just wow! I installed this yesterday and it really unlocked what I knew this phone was capable of!

Two (very) small gripes:
1) The setting that allows the torch to be turned on by holding the power button from a locked state seems unstable. I was only able to get it working once then as I'm trying to show it off to my g/f (who could honestly care less) it didn't work and ended up locking up my phone.
2) Randomly is slow to wake-up. I'm experiencing a 1-4 second delay when waking the phone (probably 30-40% of the time) from a sleeping state - black screen. This is with and without the "quick wake" setting.

My biggest regret is selecting this as my first ROM. I can't imagine they are all this good and now I don't want to try any others out.

I've had that torch issue with every ROM I've tried, they must all use the same code. As for the slow wake, you're not the only one with that problem either, though I haven't experienced it myself.

I agree with you, though, this ROM is incredible. I wonder if future builds of AOKP will be able to entice me back.

Upvote 0

Two (very) small gripes:

The lockscreen torch only seems to work once per reboot for me, although I have not been able to figure out why. This was the case using Codename Android as well.

I was able to get rid of the slow wake issue by changing the kernel governor from hotplugx to interactivex in the liquid performance settings. My phone doesn't seem to like hotplugging for some reason.

Hopefully this will get you to a 9.95/10. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones