• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Verizon ICSourcery Version 2.0 Release - The Magic Continues -

All the animations from thepsyntyst
Are now available in ICSourcery!

Goto tools and animations. see name animations you want to install. press it say okay and wait phone will reboot and new animations will amaze you.

Thanks to thepsyntyst for these great animations. we now have 24 animations to change.

I have to say thepsyntyst are some of the best animations ive seen yet.
http://rootzwiki.com...oschaosrevenge/

He did some awesome work on these. above link has some videos of them.

we know have 24 transition animations.

If you like them make sure to show your support for thepsyntyst!!!!

Reactions: TexDaddy57
Upvote 0
got a bad post on another forum... guys wife was upset, we put to many mods into the rom.. guy had to spend all weekend testing em all out....cant hardly blame him :)

There is a work around for that problem. I been married for over 30 years...learned what bugs her a very long time ago. Now she tells me to to go "play" just to get rid of me for a few hours...

Ok- so far the only thing I have trouble with is signal. Been switching between this and BAMF and bamf has a small edge on signal in my area..way out in the country. but enough to cause me a bit of drops in calls and data. Flashed 4.0.4 radios on both. Wondering if it is because this is 4.0.3? I'll keep playing....besides, it keeps me out of her way

Upvote 0
It shouldnt matter. Ive been using the 4.04 radios for quite some time now on this and aokp when it was still 4.03 and didnt see any issue

You think time of day...cell tower getting more use may be the reason?
Been going back and forth and I think I'm switching too often. I'll stick to
one for 2 days then switch back. I'll post what I discover.
Really am digging this rom.....:D

Upvote 0
I really liked the thought you put into this. You had the serious tinkerer in mind, I think, because of all the neat little configs you can get into. Honestly? When I first flashed Sorcery when it debuted, I thought it was basically for kids because it was so game-animation oriented. Well, I'm a business owner older-ish man and had no want for that.

This time around, the rom put a sport jacket on, it seems. More serious/mature users can use it because it is very configurable.

Well done. Thank you and thank you for being here.

Sincerely,
Steven

Reactions: tdevaughn
Upvote 0
UPDATE: ok as i had said we are currently in a transition period which will make this rom even better. we have made some great progress in that transition which is going to greatly improve the experience.

We have obtained privileges to put in some great new boot animations that are made for xhdpi. We are also in progress of labeling all hdpi or xhdpi.
All of this takes time but its coming.

i am bummed that business and older-ish people are now interested in the rom must be doing something wrong :)

I also would like to port lall the current boot animations to xhdpi this is extremely time consuming of course. anyone know of a easy way program wise i can do this. Preferably in ubuntu but could use windows if needed.

Also if anyone has soft keys,wallpaper, mods or anything they have done or want to do to be in he rom let us know or email to icsourcery@gmail.com as you see it will be credited. or links to such and well talk with the dev and get permissions to toss them in.

We are looking for a kernel developer to join the team but as before anyone that wants to join just let us know what you can do and wed be glad to have you. the more the merrier. were just a bunch of nuts having a good time.

Reactions: tdevaughn
Upvote 0
I really liked the thought you put into this. You had the serious tinkerer in mind, I think, because of all the neat little configs you can get into. Honestly? When I first flashed Sorcery when it debuted, I thought it was basically for kids because it was so game-animation oriented. Well, I'm a business owner older-ish man and had no want for that.

This time around, the rom put a sport jacket on, it seems. More serious/mature users can use it because it is very configurable.

Well done. Thank you and thank you for being here.

Sincerely,
Steven

Thank for the kind words... Hoping to make a rom that all will like. Customize it to meet each persons taste....

+1 to what Eagle stated above. If there are any themes you would like to see, let me know which ones. Will try to work with the themers to port it over.

Thx and enjoy!

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Just flashed this.
Haven't really had the chance to break it in as I'm at work. Pretty solid, but a few things:

-When I finished all of my reboots, upon meeting the 'new look' of my Nexus it felt very Dungeons & Dragons---almost high school-ish. This alone almost made me go back to BAMF.
-The removal of the Back, Home, and Recent buttons for the Medieval-esque fonts increased the desire to return to BAMF. Did not like them at all. Made the phone look cheap and like something an 8th grader would use due to an obsession with World of Warcraft.
-The initial theme is pretty good until you get to the black text on black background in some areas. I'm trying to figure out how to change this, but I have no luck so far.
-Gmail keeps crashing and it will not update properly. If I can't get it fixed by tonight I'll have to return to BAMF. I definitely need my email system working on the phone with no interruptions.

The initial presentation is what threw me off. The premise/ write-up at the beginning here sounded great, but when I got to finally look at it I was not excited. I'm sure after things are tweaked and you get them looking right you can really have a great looking phone, but I would highly suggest removing all of the wizards and warlocks-themed stuff from the phone and going with a more clean look. I'm only 25 and I too felt that I was too old for something like this and wanted to return to the cleaned-up BAMF.

If I can get Gmail working again I'll stick to this. There are a lot of options to play with and it looks great. I just wanted to share those thoughts with you all. They aren't exactly all rainbows and sunshine, but I wanted to get the bad points out of the way. Everything else looks pretty good. Thank you for your hard work with this.

Upvote 0
Reason we have themes is so everyone can find something that they like :) Not all themes are for everyone.

If you like the blue theme otherwise, you have over 100 font options to find one that you prefer. Can also select any number of soft keys that appeal to you.

In Settings > ICSourcery Tools > Scroll to the right and you will see an option called Theme Manager. Choose the ICS Stock theme. It will take you back to a more generic look and feel.

Of course many other themes that you can choose from as well. You have just scratched the surface on how many differentways you can customize the phone more to your liking :) Please feel free to ask anything, will be happy to help when/where I can

Reactions: AppsRUs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones