1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Verizon S4 Pre-orders begin 4/25 - Release 5/30 [ UPDATED:release date changed to 5/23 ]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treb1797, Apr 24, 2013.

1. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

Same here. From what it reads, the "carrier approval" just means Wirefly is receiving the shipment of the phones. I also think we'll get it Friday.

Advertisement

2. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

My phone is ready to be picked in store tomorrow! S4 here I come at 10 am tomorrow! Got an email from best buy today and set up my appointment pick up.

3. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

I didn't get an email..but I did get two texts from them. One mistake saying it was available NOW and the other basically saying "Oops, it will be available tomorrow"

4. GatorfanDroid

Damn I would be on over to the store after the first text ha. I bet employee's get there phones today. boo

5. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

Exactly. If I wasn't busy today I would go up there with the first text and show them...LOL!

6. Slacker1313

Slacker1313 Newbie

I left for 20 minutes to get coffee and in that time FedEx showed up. Got to wait till 4pm to go pick it up now. :mad:

7. GatorfanDroid

HA HA that sucks man. Should of made your own coffee and stayed home.

8. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

I'm typing on my brand new Samsung Galaxy S4. :)

BTW, I had to get it activated at Verizon.

Maybe it wouldn't activate for me because I didn't shut off my OLD Bionic first.

9. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

I already dropped my device. As I was getting out of my car, fell on the ground.

No problem though...I had on my NEW Otterbox Defender. It worked like a charm.

10. GatorfanDroid

Hm I hope BB can active and switch my device. Shouldn't be a problem.

11. FrankP999

FrankP999 Newbie

Mine arrived about 2 PM. Activation was easy as pie.

12. Dnomac

Dnomac Newbie

I had difficulty activating mine at first too. I turned my old phone off and tried 2 more times. It worked the second time. I think it just took a while for the phone to read the sim card. I didn't even go through the setup process, it just started working after a used the phone through wifi for a bit. Kinda scary lol

13. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

So it's $250 online with a MIR of $50. Is it the same in store? i thought that you didn't have to deal with MIR online.

14. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member

What seems to be the issue with some of the activation of the phones? I just switched over to Verizon and mine is coming with a new sim card. Will this turn into a process or will having a new sim card and activating the phone be smooth as butter? Never had to deal with a sim card with Sprint.

15. Mysterio2525

Mysterio2525 Newbie

I had some issue activating the phone initially and ended up calling up verizon customer support. They did it in a flash and the rep says that they sometimes have to manually update. I would call them if you have issues, faster than going to the store!

16. onefortheroad

onefortheroad Lurker

This happened to me as well. Calling in was easy. The rep was super helpful.

17. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Yeah I had to call yesterday to activate mine. She said they had to manually switch the imei and sim card. Took me like five minutes on the phone.

18. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast

I bought my GS4 at the Verizon corporate store today and they still have the MIR of $50 that you have to send in.

19. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Member

No movement on my Newegg order status up until this point today. So I finally got anxious and called in to them. 888-843-2485. Talked to someone that confirmed the order details with me and then I saw Order Validation checked on my status page. I asked if I would receive the phone tomorrow and she told me that if I wanted to pay for overnight delivery I would, but I explained that I was told next business day when I ordered. She checked, added the next business day and now I see this when I refresh the status page:

Estimated ship date:5/23/2013
    Estimated delivery date:5/24/2013

Annoying that had I not called in, it probably would have just sat as it was and been shipped out a day or more from now, but figured I'd let people know in case anyone else is waiting for Newegg.

No tracking number yet, but hopefully that is coming in the next few hours.

EDIT: Tracking number is now available. About an hour and a half after I called them.

20. charlie310

I wouldn't be quick to jump to conclusions. I didn't do anything and my order is being shipped. Hopefully, they will leave it at my front door or it will come after I get off work around 7. Otherwise, I'll probably have to pick it up from Fedex on Saturday.

21. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Member

Good for you. I was just impatient and figured I'd pass along the details of my call since it took 5 minutes and movement happened as I was on the phone. I know a lot of people are anxiously waiting the phone, so anything to make sure it gets here sooner, is great in my eyes.

22. charlie310

Sweet, no signature required. Package is coming at 3PM tomorrow.

23. GatorfanDroid

I got my s4 and love it so far1 Great phone and very fast.

24. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

So is this unlocked by default?