• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Support Testing new phone

Namrak

Android Expert
Oct 5, 2011
Hey all! So my last gnex had issues (power button not working), and I just receives my refurb replacement. How do you guys suggest I go about testing the phone to make sure there are no defects? I know there have been a lot of people receiving new/refurb devices and I was just wondering how you guys went about testing your replacements to make sure everything is working properly. TIA!

Glad to see you got your replacement :D

I would suggest test it out plenty before rooting (easier that way) try some games, download color flashlight (I think that is the app that the screen goes to max brightness and shows different colors on touch) and make sure the colors seem to be the right color. Turn brightness all the way down and look at some pics then toggle brightness up to make sure banding isn't too bad on mid brightness (it is expected for low)

If you still have your other put them on wifi mode and compare how the screens look when viewing the same things, and how they sound when playing the same songs.

Reactions: Namrak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones