• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Motorola Droid running 2.2, pushed from Verizon. I have installed Flash Player 10.1.92.8 from Market. I'm having a problem with content from Olivesoftware (my local newspaper in digital format) and content from Zinio (PC Magazine digital edition) displaying properly. I go to the site, log in and the content downloads and initially displays correctly for a couple of seconds. Then, I get a white screen with a gray circle in the center of it. In the center of the circle is a triangle. If I touch the triangle the content will reload and the process repeats, the page displays correctly for a couple of seconds and then back to gray circle and triangle. I can get the page to re-display two or three times and then the circle appears with an exclamation point in the center which no longer responds to a touch. At that point the only thing I can do is exit the site. Any ideas, explanations or fixes? Thanks in advance for taking the time to provide help.

Upvote 0
Viperboy -
I am looking for a way to take photos directly to a folder on Froyo 2.2. Family photos in one folder, work photos in another, grandkids in another without having to use something like Astro to move stuff around. I just came from BB world and I could pick a folder and shoot directly into it. Anything like that, that you know of? Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey All,

Moto droid user here, just got mine this past Saturday. Everything is seems to be going great so far. I downloaded quite a few recommended apps from everyone and I am very satisfied with them. One major issue i've noticed with the apps is that it seems like they keep reloading, or restarting once i've closed them out. I've downloaded advanced task killer and I use that often plus i've went into settings>applications>manage applications>running>> and I'll force stop all the apps that i'mn not using or don't plan on using for a while. I close out of it, re-open in 5-10 minutes and some of the applications are under "running" again. This is very confusing as I have not restarted these applications, nor turned my phone off and made them think they had to reload again.... I've noticed it starts effecting my battery big time if I don't constantly force close the apps constantly.... Please help! :mad:

Corey

Upvote 0
Hey Viperboy,

Quick question about maximizing the sound quality of phone calls on the Droid Incredible...are there any updates I can do or apps I can install to improve this? Right now, I can hear another person just fine, but they in turn have a hard time hearing me (I'm told my voice sounds muffled and distant). Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Since the Droid upgrade earlier this year, I had been doing very well with my Jawbone Icon and my Droid 2. For the last week or so, however, it has become very hit or miss. I trigger the Icon, it says "voice dialing" and then half the time nothing else ever happens. Once I manage to place the call, either by repeating the voice command or by touching the phone everything is fine.

Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a fix? Thanks!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi!! I was wondering if you could help me with my Incredible? I had 2 gmail accounts hooked up with phone. I deleted the primary one off my computer but my phone kept trying to login and obviously it couldn't. So, I went to my settings to delete the account and the only way to do that was to do a factory reset. Hmm, so I did that without thinking about what I was really doing. So, needless to say I have lost every contact that I had and no I never did the backup assistant. Is there any possible way to retreive my numbers?

Also, I spent 4 hours at Ford trying to have this phone hooked up with the Sync system. It will sync with it but it only lasts for 90 seconds. I cannot figure out what setting to turn off so it will last longer. This phone has been nothing but a headache. Man, if I had to do it over I would of stayed with my Blackberry!!!!

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

Kelly

Upvote 0
I have a Motoroal Droid running 2.2. Since the the new software I have been hanging up on people regularly. It seems the light sensor settings have changed. IF I am in my car and get out when the sunlight hits the phone it activats my touchscreen. I end up going into mute or hang up or anyone of several other options that are on the screen at that time.
This is frustrating because it never did this prior to the software "update". Any suggestions?
Thanks

Upvote 0
OK solved my other problem....an application fixed it. Now my next question, When my Droid is plugged into a wall charger I am not able to type effectively. IF I type an I for instance I might get 10 random letters. If I touch the home button it will likely activate some other functionality...Even when in Apps the touchscreen and buttons do not work...this was especially frustrating the other night when playing poker with a huge pot and a straight fluch I touched Call and it folded me!
Does anyone else have this problem.?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Dear Viper,
I have a Verizon Ally (Droid) and I can't use the local e-mail client to send verizon.yahoo e-mail. It receives mail but it can't send. I have changed the settings many times and also the local Verizon store could not fix it and suggested I download Yahoo Mail client. But this app does not download or allow to open attachements. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it
smile.gif
Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.

Suddenly my phone doesn't work. I can see that a call is coming in, but when I answer the mic icon has a line through it. This also happens when I call out and I can't hear anything. When I call out, I can hear as I'm entering the phone number, but once I press "call", the mic icon has a line through it and I can't hear anything. Help!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones