1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidKris, Apr 20, 2012.

1. AndroidKris

AndroidKris Android Enthusiast

Is Titanium Backup able to backup my SMS/MMS?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I read a post that says it can, but I don't see the option.
    Go SMS can backup threads, so can SMS backup.

3. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

tb does not backup sms and mms there are apps for that i believe backup everything is one of them i use backup to gmail because it backs up call log and sms

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I believe [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage is the restore option for sms/mms on a stock phone or a stockish rom. However it's system data so as with any such item, be careful restoring and I don't know that I'd be too apt to do this on many custom roms anyway.

For example, on BAMF, it's listed as:
    [SMS/MMS/APN] Phone/Mesaging Storage 4.0.3-eng.chaos.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I think that may not play well when restoring across other roms. I don't care about saving sms/mms anyway, but if I were, I think I'd use an alternate method. Cloud service or similar.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

jbdan and iowabowtech like this.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

That is what I use and its excellent. It backs them up to folders created in your gmail. So you can delete and organize easily as often or little as you need to. You can also set it to auto backup on your own schedule.

7. gapi

gapi Android Expert

SMS to Text Pro version is my ticket. I back up my messages via HTML for easy viewing on the PC and can export them via email.

To back them up per-say, so I can restore them I export them to a file or email them as .txt. Then can import them back in.

8. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if it is possible to have tibu batch backup only apps+data that are not system or market apps. I'm asking in here so I don't have to start a whole new thread and it seems on topic enough lol. :)

9. AndroidKris

AndroidKris Android Enthusiast

I'm wondering if this will work with custom roms. My SMS storage is titled differently than stock, because I'm object liquid and the SMS application is customized for the rom. I imagine that it would work when simply updating the Roman, but switching roms...I imagine that would cause a problem. What do you guys think?

10. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Member

You can just restore data and not the apk. That is what I do. I am not sure. I know restoring the app will cause problems for sure. Not sure on just data.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews