1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Verizon to Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MetalMatty, Jan 15, 2013.

1. MetalMatty

MetalMatty Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    Okay so Google searches and searching here hasn't really answered my question, so I'll ask.

I have a HTC Droid Incredible, the contract ran up on it almost a year ago with Verizon, so it's just been a paper weight.

Is there anyway I can make this phone straight talk?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    it may be possible:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1843905

But looks like it involves cloning phones, which is in a legal grey area, and not that easy to do.

http://z4cellforums.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7609825-android-straight-talk-cdma-flash

3. cmlusco

cmlusco Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Actually it is fairly easy, it just sucks you have to buy a st phone that you wont use and cant sell.

4. goop factory

goop factory Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Male
    Ohio
    OK I want to report that this is by far the easiest swap of phones I've ever done. I received the Verizon Droid Bionic from a family member who was done with it. I already had a Straight Talk BYOD account for my Sprint HTC Evo 4G phone. I called them up and told them I wanted to transfer my account to the Bionic device and they sent me a new sim card. I received the card and called them to activate the card, within 10 minutes they got it switched over. I have 4glte service, everything that the phone could do with Verizon, now with straight talk. I didn't have to use the GSM bands or this or that. just that freaking easy...