• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Voice mail App - how to get rid of it?

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Texas
Howdy gang-

For many years (going back to my Moto Droid OG) I have been using Google voice as my voicemail. Loved it, VM to SMS text was great.

Fast forward to a few months ago, I got an android update to my Note4, and they added the Verizon Voice Mail app. Apparently, it overrides the google VM, and I can't figure out how to get it back. There is a lot to hate about this app, like the constant asking if I will subscrive to VM-to-text for "only"$4.99 a month (I've had this for free for years thru google, guys!) If I try to listen to a VM, it plays it thru the speaker - so i need to hunt for headphones to listen to messaged in the office... plus other stuff worth hating...

How do I get rid of this? or at least freeze it? Yeah, root, but without root, how?

Jerry

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones