• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very great news for f3 users!!!

Guys, I'm pretty sure these kitkat rumors are all fake. The only real one is the f6 since the european one has kitkat and the us is almost certain to get it. Other than that I'm like pretty sure this phone will not get kitkat since these articles are like posted in january and february.

This is exactly what I've been saying in this board, and in others. Still haven't seen any tangible signs that VMUSA F3 users will get a kitkat update. For now, this won't have any effect on my wanting to change phones. The LG Volt does look pretty good for kitkat, but I may hold out until VM or some other prepaid carrier can release a phone with decent specs and price for the upcoming L OS.

Upvote 0
I've pretty much given up hope on a KitKat upgrade on the F3. Was going to get the Volt however an opportunity arose and I figured 'go big or go home' - just got a Nexus 5! (Yes, I know Nexus X / 6 is probably coming in a month). No more waiting forever for upgrades, and compared to the F3, this thing is a BEAST! - although I do miss the F3's battery life.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you to all the dev's and community here who have allowed me to mod, tweak, brick, and fix my F3.

Upvote 0
I've tried the forums relevant to this Boost Mobile F3 (LS720), with limited success. Towelroot was installed for v7, BusyBox, Super SU, Link2SD Plus, CWM's version of Superuser to stop the 'Android Is Upgrading' app optimization... even the VM version of CWMT 6.0.4.8. sdext2 remains read-only, and the only way I can access CWMT is through Link2SD Plus, with the inevitable automatic factory reset when 'Reboot' is pressed... I've exchanged info with folks like gherkaul, sammyz, et al... is this it? Get this phone sold, and find a suitable 4G phone from HTC or Samsung? I have to save everything to the ubiquitous sd0. No access to my 32 gB class 10 SansDisk (but, I can still access my mp3s located there). Man, I am so frustrated - I'm told that I can't even go kernel-hunting, let alone flash a ROM... is there any way to make this phone workable? Any tricks? Please respond, if you have something useful for me - LW

Sent from my @#*

Upvote 0
I've tried the forums relevant to this Boost Mobile F3 (LS720), with limited success. Towelroot was installed for v7, BusyBox, Super SU, Link2SD Plus, CWM's version of Superuser to stop the 'Android Is Upgrading' app optimization... even the VM version of CWMT 6.0.4.8. sdext2 remains read-only, and the only way I can access CWMT is through Link2SD Plus, with the inevitable automatic factory reset when 'Reboot' is pressed... I've exchanged info with folks like gherkaul, sammyz, et al... is this it? Get this phone sold, and find a suitable 4G phone from HTC or Samsung? I have to save everything to the ubiquitous sd0. No access to my 32 gB class 10 SansDisk (but, I can still access my mp3s located there). Man, I am so frustrated - I'm told that I can't even go kernel-hunting, let alone flash a ROM... is there any way to make this phone workable? Any tricks? Please respond, if you have something useful for me - LW

Sent from my @#*
i have link2sd plus , cwmt 6.0.4.8, 16 GB class 4 sandisk,busybox,superuser,sdext2, and a script to change internal to external, and i no have problems anything, room kitkat 4.4.4 cyanogen is in progess:
http://androidforums.com/threads/virgin-mobile-sprint-beta-4-4-4-cyanogenmod-11-unofficial.923901/

Upvote 0
i have link2sd plus , cwmt 6.0.4.8, 16 GB class 4 sandisk,busybox,superuser,sdext2, and a script to change internal to external, and i no have problems anything, room kitkat 4.4.4 cyanogen is in progess:
http://androidforums.com/threads/virgin-mobile-sprint-beta-4-4-4-cyanogenmod-11-unofficial.923901/
My carrier is Boost Mobile. I can root this phone, but CWMT 6.0.4.8 won't work, due to the locked bootloader; nor TWRP.

If I unlock this phone in System Settings, will that solve my problem? I was informed by gherkaul that it wouldn't work.

Boost Mobile sux. LW

Upvote 0
My carrier is Boost Mobile. I can root this phone, but CWMT 6.0.4.8 won't work, due to the locked bootloader; nor TWRP.

If I unlock this phone in System Settings, will that solve my problem? I was informed by gherkaul that it wouldn't work.

Boost Mobile sux. LW

Upvote 0

Boost Mobile sux. LW
try to downloading this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2cBJ9EvHC3YVjh3Q05Nb0JlS1U/edit?usp=docslist_api
extract and copy the files named by aboot and recovery to "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/
by-name/" if ask to overwrite press yes, use an file manager how Es file explorer .(After this no longer appears that screen you wish to confirm the factory reset, will go straight into the cwm.)
Obs: Need root

if you continue to have problems in entering the recovery mode download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=pt_BR
and type
su
reboot recovery

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones