• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibration patterns for ring vs. notification

Irish Loop

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
I haven't been able to figure out a way to setup the vibration patterns differently depending on the notification, i.e., I want one long vibration for phone calls and shorter ones for other notifications, but it essentially seems like I'm stuck with whatever vibration pattern as a catch-all for both phone calls and notifications.

Am I missing something?

I haven't been able to figure out a way to setup the vibration patterns differently depending on the notification, i.e., I want one long vibration for phone calls and shorter ones for other notifications, but it essentially seems like I'm stuck with whatever vibration pattern as a catch-all for both phone calls and notifications.

Am I missing something?

Messaging apps such as GoSMS and Handcent allow you to change the vibration pattern of incoming SMS notifications. That would differentiate between SMS and Phone calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones