• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Camera wont record sound

senshict

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
new to the forum.

when i record a video it wont record sound. the option to record audio is selected and it works for calls and everything else.

all that plays is 2 seconds of static and then nothing.

also i noticed it no longer saves videos to the Video folder all videos are saved to the Camera folder.

thanks for any help on this.

Greetings senshict,

You don't go into any detail about what rom and kernel you have on your phone. I'm assuming that your phone is rooted.

If your using a rom and kernel combination that has voodoo sound in it, there was a glitch in some of the older voodoo sound that produced silence in the video function.
Inside the voodoo sound app, select recording preset, and change the option to original.
The voodoo sound app can be downloaded from the market.

If you have a stock phone, then disregard any of the previous information, and take your phone into have it looked at, as this maybe a hardware issue.

As far as the saving of videos and such, I believe that the phone always defaulted to the camera folder for these.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones