• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO GUIDE] Test Mode/No service fix (# to Hidden Menu)

okay when i try to open the LGPNST it doesn't show me my phone ?

Go back through the setup and make sure that everything was install as stated in the OP-do you reboot after registering the required files-if not please do that.
Your phone is confirmed in test mode(# on the phone dialer as described in the OP:thinking:

Upvote 0
TEST MODE FIX

*Plug your phone into your USB connection.

*Go to START then CONTROL PANEL then DEVICE MANAGER. Scroll down to "Ports(Com and LPT)" Expand it and your phone SHOULD be listed with a "COM7", "COM3" etc....

*Get YOUR "COM" number and remember it. This is what USB port you are plugged into. (If you don't see your phone, the drivers are NOT installed correctly.)

*Open up the folder "Test Mode Fix" You should be looking at this.

*Open the drop down menu and find YOUR "COM" port.

*Click on CONNECT after you select YOUR "COM" and it SHOULD look like this.

*It takes 2-3 seconds and your phone will reboot if it is successful.

CONGRATULATIONS. You are now out of the dreaded TEST MODE.

Now for the fun stuff. Let's get your service back working.
hey i got through the first part easily but the Test Mode Fix portion is quite confusing. I opened up the test mode fix folder and there was only one thing in it. i clicked on it to open but it always says that it encountered a problem. I've re installed it multiple times and even re-did the first part...what to do... help???

Upvote 0
hey i got through the first part easily but the Test Mode Fix portion is quite confusing. I opened up the test mode fix folder and there was only one thing in it. i clicked on it to open but it always says that it encountered a problem. I've re installed it multiple times and even re-did the first part...what to do... help???

Extract the exe. Phone in debug and internet connection. Plug in phone. Select correct com. Run program. You'll know if it does it right your phone well reboot.

That's all there is too it. Everyone says that part is the easiest which it is. Take your time and follow the directions carefully.

Upvote 0
I cannot send or receive calls or text. I have no service but all my data works...i can use my apps and internet. I had a custom rom installed but i've flashed my phone back to stock rom today. Now when i press the # button in the dialer it takes me to the lg hidden menu. My phone number also says unknown and my PRL is at 40000 just like this posts says. Since i do have data do i still need to follow all the steps in this guide?

Upvote 0
I cannot send or receive calls or text. I have no service but all my data works...i can use my apps and internet. I had a custom rom installed but i've flashed my phone back to stock rom today. Now when i press the # button in the dialer it takes me to the lg hidden menu. My phone number also says unknown and my PRL is at 40000 just like this posts says. Since i do have data do i still need to follow all the steps in this guide?

That was the first thing I asked you to test for when I answered your pm. Thought you said no it was not in test mode:thinking:
If it indeed is yes you have to follow the OP to a T;)

Upvote 0
test mode fix

*plug your phone into your usb connection.

*go to start then control panel then device manager. Scroll down to "ports(com and lpt)" expand it and your phone should be listed with a "com7", "com3" etc....

*get your "com" number and remember it. This is what usb port you are plugged into. (if you don't see your phone, the drivers are not installed correctly.)

*open up the folder "test mode fix" you should be looking at this.

*open the drop down menu and find your "com" port.

*click on connect after you select your "com" and it should look like this.

*it takes 2-3 seconds and your phone will reboot if it is successful.

congratulations. You are now out of the dreaded test mode.

now for the fun stuff. Let's get your service back working.

i got lost at the open test mode fix part. When i open the unzipped file it says folder empty. And also what drop down menu???? Please help!!!

Upvote 0
i got lost at the open test mode fix part. When i open the unzipped file it says folder empty. And also what drop down menu???? Please help!!!

There should be a program in the test mode zip that you downloaded.

Just checked the link and it's good. Just opened the zip and extracted the test mode fix.

Upvote 0
Im going to go back and add pictures to the OP because it seems like more and more people are coming here for the fix.

I will add this, and this is for everyone that has the problem.

The steps are easy to follow if you take your time and have some patience. It's a little lengthy but it's laid out in plain English. So if your having a problem, the problem is usually user error. Unless it's a drivers issue and the program isn't working right.

With that said, if you have a problem, go back over and re read everything pertaining to what your working on. The method has worked countless times and I understand it can be confusing for someone that isn't computer savvy but thats what I made the entire fix as easy as possible.

Upvote 0
When I unziped the file and opened it says there is nothing there.

Ive downloaded it several times and extracted it each time. It's there.

14mgema.jpg

Upvote 0
Before extracting the file the folder has something there, but it wont let me open it. When I extract it however, the folder becomes empty. Sorry if i'm becoming a pain.

It just doesnt make sense. Me and Gbiggie just used this last night for someone else.

Have you tried the new download links? It sounds like a botched download that ended early from which became corrupt. happens all the time downloading zip or rar files.

Here. Ill just give you the fix directly.

Zippyshare.com - LG Test Mode Repair.exe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones