• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading

Are you guys talking about RUU?

Index of /shipped/Incredible

I wasn't, but I actually tried to use the RUU instead but it kept failing no matter what I tried. What I wound up doing thanks to finding instructions elsewhere was run the RUU, go to the system temp folder, copy the ROM.zip file and rename PB31IMG.zip and used that to upgrade. Used appbrain to download all my apps again (thank god for that list!) I'm now running the August 26th released Froyo goodness :) LOVE IT!!!

Don't care about root right now, but eventually when the rom is rooted I'll probably root again.

Upvote 0
Just finished 'unrevoked3' and "unrevoked forever'.. super tools.

Looking to OTA for 2.2, just in case I have to return to stock with pb31img.zip, I have it downloaded, but would feel more comfortable with the md5sum before I tried to 'recover' to it.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has downloaded and 'recovered' back to pb21img.zip would post the md5sum.

Thanks..

Upvote 0
Just finished 'unrevoked3' and "unrevoked forever'.. super tools.

Looking to OTA for 2.2, just in case I have to return to stock with pb31img.zip, I have it downloaded, but would feel more comfortable with the md5sum before I tried to 'recover' to it.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has downloaded and 'recovered' back to pb21img.zip would post the md5sum.

Thanks..
This is the one I used, with md5. I am happy to say I applied the RUU and am back fully rooted. The only thing I forgot was to have Titanium Backup backup my contacts.
Stock HTC Incredible Recovery Image Just another blog

Reactions: shortbread
Upvote 0
Do I need to have s-off to install this? I now have root, s-off, removed City ID/Tweet, changed boot animation, and, installed some root only apps like wifi tether and set cpu. I have stock radio and recovery.

I want to return phone s-on. Should I put back clockwork with unrevoked, then apply s-on, and then follow this video?

Upvote 0
I am totally at a loss here. I reformatted my SD card to FAT32, downloaded this 139mb beast of a file, and placed it in the SD card root. I got into HBOOT but no "request to install" pops up. I have to go into Recovery and try to install the .zip file. The result is always the same, the screen flashes as if something is being installed and then flashes back to the recovery screen. No downgrade, no nothing.

Any ideas what's going on here? I do not have a leaked OS installed and no ROM; I do have a hydra kernel and my phone was rooted via Unrevoked3 and Unrevoked Forever.

EDIT: I just noticed my baseband is 1.00.03.XX.XX. Would that have an effect on why I can't downgrade?

Upvote 0
I am totally at a loss here. I reformatted my SD card to FAT32, downloaded this 139mb beast of a file, and placed it in the SD card root. I got into HBOOT but no "request to install" pops up. I have to go into Recovery and try to install the .zip file. The result is always the same, the screen flashes as if something is being installed and then flashes back to the recovery screen. No downgrade, no nothing.

Any ideas what's going on here? I do not have a leaked OS installed and no ROM; I do have a hydra kernel and my phone was rooted via Unrevoked3 and Unrevoked Forever.

EDIT: I just noticed my baseband is 1.00.03.XX.XX. Would that have an effect on why I can't downgrade?

You need to open the zip file and only put the PB31IMG.zip file on your sd card.

Upvote 0
I just tried this and it still won't load the PB31IMG.zip file after the adb push. Still says invalid image.....

So There are 2 sets of instructions here, and 2 different zip files. One for if you haven't done a radio update, and one for if you did update your radio. Which instructions are you following? We need some more info about your current configuration to be able to help you.

Upvote 0
At first I tried the 2nd vid, and that didn't work using the file from below the vid. Then I tried the 1st vid and using that file and that one also didn't not work.

I am s-off and unrevoked3 and forever now and still cannot get back so I can install the Froyo OTA. Any help is appreciated

More Info: I installed the Leaked OTA for radio 2.05.00.06.11 and that was working but cannot update to the new OTA now. I now have done Unrevoked3 and Forever and still cannot do the 2nd vid. The hboot shows that it tries to load the downgrade but says invadid image

Upvote 0
At first I tried the 2nd vid, and that didn't work using the file from below the vid. Then I tried the 1st vid and using that file and that one also didn't not work.

I am s-off and unrevoked3 and forever now and still cannot get back so I can install the Froyo OTA. Any help is appreciated

More Info: I installed the Leaked OTA for radio 2.05.00.06.11 and that was working but cannot update to the new OTA now. I now have done Unrevoked3 and Forever and still cannot do the 2nd vid. The hboot shows that it tries to load the downgrade but says invadid image

What's your ultimate goal? You are already halfway to rooted froyo awesomeness, it's 2 simple installs to be up to date with the latest and greatest. If you want to go stock, you have to undo everything you've done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones