• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video recorded by device will not play, file works fine when viewed on computer

xperia7

Lurker
Aug 18, 2011
I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc with latest firmware (Rogers).

Today I recorded a video and when I played it back it's just a black screen but the audio works. If press somewhere along the timeline the audio picks up from there as it should but the frame just hangs. I copied the file to my computer and it plays fine so it's not a recording issue.

Overall the device is snappy and but I deleted some larger apps anyways in case it some how was related to running apps and that did not help. Some other videos play but there is no obvious pattern as to which ones do and don't. At first I thought shorter videos were ok but I found a couple short ones that had the same behaviour.

vBulletin search is useless so I was searching the forums with Google (site:androidforums.com ___) and did not find anything. Apologize if this is a repost.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones