• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help video streaming problems

Hi

for the past week Ive been having trouble streaming video from any website that dosent use you tube

it seems to have started when I got rid of google chrome due to the fact the tabs kept flashing at me.

I switched to firefox for its flash ability and installed the flash apk

since that time 9/10 times when I try and play a video that in chrome would open up mx player I either get stuck on the loading sign or get an error video cannot be played

This is all on various sites that I have never had a problem with before

so heres what I tried

using another 3rd party video app was using mx player tried mobo,flv any player I could find recommendations for -same result

using different browsers used puffin, dolphin amongst others same result

going back to google chrome still same result
uninstalling flash reinstalling flash
going back to original configuration
using the stock video player and browser

Ive even tried playing the same stuff on my wifes s3 with no problem

Does anyone have any idea of a fix? Any help would be appreciated

I just switched from a Razr Max which played flash just fine, so when I got this phone I was somewhat miffed that I cldnt get flash to play on this phone! However a few days ago I downloaded a flash browser called Flash Fox, its a spin off of Fire Fox, but tweeked to stream flash better, and so far it has been working great! Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones