• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[02/14][d2vmu]

CM merged all of the d2 builds into one unified build called d2lte so as of 02/18 there is no more d2spr. No, you should not be concerned. The d2lte works fine.

I just think the question was referring to ebildude123 hasn't updated his automatic uploads in a while and we might want to be concerned for ebildude123's well being.

Upvote 0
I just think the question was referring to ebildude123 hasn't updated his automatic uploads in a while and we might want to be concerned for ebildude123's well being.

I'm sure ebildude123 is fine. Probably his auto uploads account isn't updating because Cyanogen has abandoned the d2spr ROM, and all new updates will be for the universal d2lte ROM. I believe he said he no longer uses his S3, so he likely doesn't monitor the auto uploads account very closely.

Upvote 0
for some reason my phone says sprint network and I have no lte and don't have 4g my phone is with virgin mobile

The ROM was based on the sprint version so it saying sprint is fine, as for the service, this email particular ROM should have the fix built in so it shouldn't require it but sometimes they do

Your install process on this particular ROM should have been
Install rom, just ROM, boot phone don't set anything up at all, don't connect to WiFi, let sit 10-20min
Go back into recovery and flash the gapps, same thing do nothing but boot the phone and allow it to sit 10-20

Finally after that is you have no data, flash the fix

PS 4g and LTE are the same thing in the Roms, will either say 3g or lte

Also did u remember to flash gapps from that gate, cause thatll cause no data as well

Upvote 0
Just flashed it tonight and so far so good. Let ya know my results.

Edit: OK so first I flashed the latest late nightly, then flashed the universal mopedryder APN fix and realized I didn't need it after re-reading everything. I wiped all and reflashed the ROM alone. I am receiving SMS but can't get MMS unless on hangouts(like everybody says). Haven't been able to check on LTE or anything yet as I haven't left the house yet. Will check when I go to the gym later today. Would I necessarily need one of the moped Ryder fixes? I am getting anal about it saying sprint in my drop down bar but oh well for now. Can change that later. Wondering how to get everything working on this. I love it. Super smooth and fast. Much lighter than stock ROM and uses up less resources. Got my Samsung apps.apk to install but can't get s memo or s note.APM to install.

Upvote 0
Just flashed it tonight and so far so good. Let ya know my results.

Edit: OK so first I flashed the latest late nightly, then flashed the universal mopedryder APN fix and realized I didn't need it after re-reading everything. I wiped all and reflashed the ROM alone. I am receiving SMS but can't get MMS unless on hangouts(like everybody says). Haven't been able to check on LTE or anything yet as I haven't left the house yet. Will check when I go to the gym later today. Would I necessarily need one of the moped Ryder fixes? I am getting anal about it saying sprint in my drop down bar but oh well for now. Can change that later. Wondering how to get everything working on this. I love it. Super smooth and fast. Much lighter than stock ROM and uses up less resources. Got my Samsung apps.apk to install but can't get s memo or s note.APM to install.

As for your question on the fix, no some users have reported no longer needing it, but we do recommend leaving it in our SD for those just in case reasons, otherwise if alls working good no need to flash it

Also about messaging, its known that stock app just won't work, changes in the KitKat chase it to not connect correctly for certain message types, hangouts, handcent, evolvesms, and I believe textra and chomp have all been reported as working tho

As for your drop down and such on a cm ROM I'd highly recommend the xposed framework with the xblast tools mod available on XDA, to make carrier labels blank just enter a single space in the blank box and save/reboot

As for the Samsung apps, you may be able to get some to work but from what I've seen a lot of those apps look for the touchwiz like the phone had originally and cm doesn't so a lot of the Samsung specific apps just won't work or install correctly

Good to hear your up,running, and enjoying it tho, that's what its all about

Also if you don't already have them, paid apps that many users here including myself use to make ROM changing or updating or whatever easier are
1. Titanium Backup Pro (I think we all agree in this one, just NEVER restore system files and you'll have a much better time lol)
2. Root Explorer pro (even the free one, its just all around good with a simple user interface)
Although I have seen a new free one I tried out called root browser I believe, have a black folder with I android guy with an eye patch, was very nice for a free one

Launchers would be up to you, I use Nova prime currently due to the snappiness it always seems to have although there's one setting adw has that nova doesn't which is changing system ui font color which I really wish Nova had but I just gotta live without lol

And I personally also have widgetlocker from the same company that make the Nova launcher but as I recall the widget locker causes issues on cm so I currently don't use that

But all and all the things listed above will make things easier or more customizable

Upvote 0
How do I go about getting Voice Mail notifications?

I made a titanium backup of my visual voicemail app from virgin mobile before flashing my CM11. After flashing I restored it and now have it again. That may be a good try. I could try to send you the .apk for it if you'd like. I just set up my voicemail today actually ony cm ROM and had to hold down the number 1 button on the dialer like other ROMs and it called my voicemail for me. Hope this could help out. Let me know if toy need the app.

Upvote 0
I made a titanium backup of my visual voicemail app from virgin mobile before flashing my CM11. After flashing I restored it and now have it again. That may be a good try. I could try to send you the .apk for it if you'd like. I just set up my voicemail today actually ony cm ROM and had to hold down the number 1 button on the dialer like other ROMs and it called my voicemail for me. Hope this could help out. Let me know if you need the app. As far as notifications I think it pops up automatically. I had a voicemail yesterday and it popped up in my notifications area for me. Possibly check with other people and see how theirs is working out for them.

Upvote 0
I made a titanium backup of my visual voicemail app from virgin mobile before flashing my CM11. After flashing I restored it and now have it again. That may be a good try. I could try to send you the .apk for it if you'd like. I just set up my voicemail today actually ony cm ROM and had to hold down the number 1 button on the dialer like other ROMs and it called my voicemail for me. Hope this could help out. Let me know if you need the app. As far as notifications I think it pops up automatically. I had a voicemail yesterday and it popped up in my notifications area for me. Possibly check with other people and see how theirs is working out for them.
I would love the APK file man

Upvote 0
Reactions: PS4AndroidHacker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones