• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[02/14][d2vmu]

For those that may be interested and hopefully help someone:

I didn't do anything but clean flash [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[12/25][d2vmu] to MK5, freeze the stock message app, and use Handsent (Hangouts works too). I have MMS and SMS on LTE and WiFi. I have not tested 3G. My Preferred Network Type is checked to LTE/CDMA/EvDO. I was all ready to do APN fixes, and change settings in Hangouts and Handsent but did not have to. I made Handsent my default, MMS carrier settings is set to "Smart", and froze stock app with TB.

EDIT: Got a chance to test 3G. MMS and SMS both work.

Reactions: upconvert
Upvote 0
For those that may be interested and hopefully help someone:

I didn't do anything but clean flash [ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11[12/25][d2vmu] to MK5, freeze the stock message app, and use Handsent (Hangouts works too). I have MMS and SMS on LTE and WiFi. I have not tested 3G. My Preferred Network Type is checked to LTE/CDMA/EvDO. I was all ready to do APN fixes, and change settings in Hangouts and Handsent but did not have to. I made Handsent my default, MMS carrier settings is set to "Smart", and froze stock app with TB.

EDIT: Got a chance to test 3G. MMS and SMS both work.

Nice, i may have to give it another go with this

also does anyone here know of a decent free app that can also freeze the stock app??

or does anyone know if i can just delete it?? i think i recall on some other devices removing the apk may have caused issues, but i may be remembering wrong or it may not be the case on this device

i would love to buy the titanium pro and at some point i will but i just purchased the phone, a 64gb micro sd and a lifeproof nuud case so im terribly strapped for cash at the moment lol

Upvote 0
How often do users perform dirty flashes? I never heard this term or process coming from the Moto Triumph

------------------------------------------------------------

... a lifeproof nuud case so im terribly strapped for cash at the moment lol

Side note, how do you like the nuud case? I have the Fre, I wasn't sold on the screen less protection being fully waterproof.

Upvote 0
How often do users perform dirty flashes? I never heard this term or process coming from the Moto Triumph

Side note, how do you like the nuud case? I have the Fre, I wasn't sold on the screen less protection being fully waterproof.

I think it means flashing without wiping cache/dalvik.

Upvote 0
I've been running CM11 since the first rom that was posted in this thread. Have been having issues with Bluetooth stopping both in my car and on my Pebble watch on all CM11 roms since. In both cases it works great for a few minutes but it loses connection on both. Will try 12-29 tonight and see if anything is better.

Upvote 0

users can perform dirty flashing when updating, ex. going from the CM11 12/25 to 12/29 you can dirty flash, shouldn't have any issues cause its the same exact rom basically ur updating it

i believe you can dirty flash other roms but i always clean install the first one for best possible results, or look for Original Poster Specific Directions
(sometimes they wont mention dirty flashes, unless you cant dirty flash it)

as for case love it, i think the one i have may have come broke tho, its waterproof, i tested it but the top left corner squeeks fairly loud if i squeeze it, so ill most likely be sending it in for a new one lol but im an ass and i did get ballsy and put it under a running sink real quick and it was fine dried the outside for awhile first till there was No water on the outside or seals, then opened it and it was bone dry, i didn't get it specifically for waterproof, don't plan on going swimming with it or anything, Dust proof,Dirt proof,Drop proof,Slimness were my main points snow proof, ice proof and water proof were added bonuses that way if it were to fall in a puddle (which could always happen) it would be fine lol

besides that, both the cases fre and nuud are very very slim compared to the otterbox defenders

i saw many reviews of ppl saying others couldn't hear them, i haven't had that issue at all, incoming volume is noticeably lower but i can still hear 100% fine

the Nuud comes with a thin scratch protector for the screen which i installed, with crazy bubbles lol directions failed to tell me the actual protector was sandwiched between 2 other plastic pieces so by time i noticed it had alot of lint

the screenless tech is nice, if you looked at pictures or watched any review vids and see the clear looking seal right on the glass, thats the 3rd seal, behind that is the second seal which is one of the o-rings exactly the same as the one that seals the front and back except its sandwiched against the glass, cause the glass doesnt need waterproofing, then of course there's the standard front to back o-ring

the other case i was looking at was the otterbox Armor due to it claiming everything the same as lifeproof except also being crush proof to 2 tons but it had nothing but awful reviews about not hearing ppl and not being heard as well as almost unusable back and menu buttons, and that the case disabled proximity sensors and sometimes cause an echo from poor design in the noise cancel mic area, plus i saw a multiple reviews where it always protected the phone but the case came apart on almost all drops, saw another review where a guy dropped it from 4 feet 3 times and it just broke

Upvote 0
users can perform dirty flashing when updating, ex. going from the CM11 12/25 to 12/29 you can dirty flash, shouldn't have any issues cause its the same exact rom basically ur updating it

i believe you can dirty flash other roms but i always clean install the first one for best possible results, or look for Original Poster Specific Directions
(sometimes they wont mention dirty flashes, unless you cant dirty flash it)

as for case love it, i think the one i have may have come broke tho, its waterproof, i tested it but the top left corner squeeks fairly loud if i squeeze it, so ill most likely be sending it in for a new one lol but im an ass and i did get ballsy and put it under a running sink real quick and it was fine dried the outside for awhile first till there was No water on the outside or seals, then opened it and it was bone dry, i didn't get it specifically for waterproof, don't plan on going swimming with it or anything, Dust proof,Dirt proof,Drop proof,Slimness were my main points snow proof, ice proof and water proof were added bonuses that way if it were to fall in a puddle (which could always happen) it would be fine lol

besides that, both the cases fre and nuud are very very slim compared to the otterbox defenders

i saw many reviews of ppl saying others couldn't hear them, i haven't had that issue at all, incoming volume is noticeably lower but i can still hear 100% fine

the Nuud comes with a thin scratch protector for the screen which i installed, with crazy bubbles lol directions failed to tell me the actual protector was sandwiched between 2 other plastic pieces so by time i noticed it had alot of lint

the screenless tech is nice, if you looked at pictures or watched any review vids and see the clear looking seal right on the glass, thats the 3rd seal, behind that is the second seal which is one of the o-rings exactly the same as the one that seals the front and back except its sandwiched against the glass, cause the glass doesnt need waterproofing, then of course there's the standard front to back o-ring

the other case i was looking at was the otterbox Armor due to it claiming everything the same as lifeproof except also being crush proof to 2 tons but it had nothing but awful reviews about not hearing ppl and not being heard as well as almost unusable back and menu buttons, and that the case disabled proximity sensors and sometimes cause an echo from poor design in the noise cancel mic area, plus i saw a multiple reviews where it always protected the phone but the case came apart on almost all drops, saw another review where a guy dropped it from 4 feet 3 times and it just broke

i got one, threw my phone against my closet door. both survived and im happy. i hear fine and everything works fine. only complaint is how hard u have to press the volume/power buttons

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones