• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [DEV] Possible Avenue to Bootloader bypass?

Insert an ubuntu install CD and ubuntu will see both partitions.

Run the following commands in terminal:
apt-get install Boot-Repair (Name might be different but that is the application you need)
then run boot repair and click "Recommended Repair" in the main screen.

That should solve the problem.

Upvote 0
Insert an ubuntu install CD and ubuntu will see both partitions.

Run the following commands in terminal:
apt-get install Boot-Repair (Name might be different but that is the application you need)
then run boot repair and click "Recommended Repair" in the main screen.

That should solve the problem.

Think my issue may be a bit more severe to fix. My GRUB is fine and I can boot into Mint or Tech preview.

Looks like whatever I did I was a full in-place upgrade. May have to start my Win7 partition from scratch.

Upvote 0
Think my issue may be a bit more severe to fix. My GRUB is fine and I can boot into Mint or Tech preview.

Looks like whatever I did I was a full in-place upgrade. May have to start my Win7 partition from scratch.

I have 4 partitions, Windows 8, 8.1, Ubuntu, and Windows 10, they are all still there, I just cant get to them. Going to try the method mentioned above.

What would you guys say is the best linux distro for andoid work?

Upvote 0
I have 4 partitions, Windows 8, 8.1, Ubuntu, and Windows 10, they are all still there, I just cant get to them. Going to try the method mentioned above.

What would you guys say is the best linux distro for andoid work?
Well CyanogenMod ROM is built with Ubuntu. I also know that Google recommends Ubuntu as well. So my best guess is Ubuntu. ;)

Upvote 0
The word on the grape vine is Stump and Bump are on hold. Seems our good friends over at LG are aware of both and are actively working to patch them. The latest update for supported devices by Stump is said to have been already. Team Codefire is looking into whether it's wreath continuing with the project at this time.

Known exploits by LG :

Motochopper - patched - (all devices)

Saferoot - patched - (all devices)

Towel Root - patched - (all devices)

Purple Drake - patched - (all devices)

Stump - (Supported devices only)

Like George Clooney said in 'Oh bother where art thou'; "We're in a tight spot". If and when LG updates again there may not be any exploits left that work. Scarey thought, oh yeah...Happy Halloween everyone! :vamp:

Upvote 0
We have the ability to jump back in software versions. The only issue I see is removing the update notification. Unfortunately some time in the not so distant future we may only have this option left. :(

I think we're at that point now. One more update and I think LG will land the ko punch to our little party. :pcguru:

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones