• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Why does the phone never say LTE at the top?

willmon22

Jun 17, 2013
The phone is LTE capable but yet it always says 4G. On the map it says I have the best coverage and no matter where I go with the best possible signal it still keeps saying 4g. My friends phone says LTE when he has better signal but I think he is on verizon or att. I guess it is because I am on virgin mobile and they prepaid. If someone can come up with a better explanation I would appreciate it. Also as a note I am on a stock rom and I am rooted.

I was just wondering because of my friends phone on a different network displayed both. Which I find odd due to the fact I am fairly certain there is no wimax around here no matter what carrier you have. Ohh well I guess I shouldn't really worry about it I usually get around 10-20Mbps which isn't too bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones