• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
That last link SHOULD work, but it wont authenticate on mine. I'm going to Call AT&T tomorrow and make sure visual voicemail option is tied to my number.
Worked for me. Saw the link on the internet last night and didn't get a chance to do it until today, worked fine for me. I had the Skyrocket right before this, so maybe that helped since it has Visual Voicemail. Hope it works for everyone else!!!

Upvote 0
Hi guys, first post. This is my first Adroid device so I'm new to this OS.
iOS user for the last 4 years. I'm looking for some guidance (help). I really want visual voicemail to work on my note. Would some one be kind enought to give me instructions on where to start.
Do I download the link with my pc or the Galaxy note? Than how do I install it?

If some one could help, I will be forever grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Will

Upvote 0
Worked for me. Saw the link on the internet last night and didn't get a chance to do it until today, worked fine for me. I had the Skyrocket right before this, so maybe that helped since it has Visual Voicemail. Hope it works for everyone else!!!

Yep this worked for me also. Thanks for the info guys.

Here's my noob question of the day. How do the visual voicemail work with the Skyrocket? Are the visual voicemails within the phone app itselft similar to the iPhone? Does anyone know if this is how Andriod 4 (ICS) functions? Just curious on if some of you feel that VVM will ever be incorporated within the phone app on the Note in the forseeable future (when ICS arrives). :)

Upvote 0
iOS user for the last 4 years. I'm looking for some guidance (help). I really want visual voicemail to work on my note. Would some one be kind enought to give me instructions on where to start.

Thanks in advance.
Will

The AT&T Messages App worked fine for me. Combines Texts and Voicemail in one cloud based app. Not perfect but it works.

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.
Will

I use YouMail too works great !!!

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.
Will

Ok, I just did all this and it works great as long as you didnt use AT&T Messages program first (if you did they will need to remove your VM and or data pack and re-add). So here are the steps.
1. Download and install ES File Explorer if you dont already have it.
2. Download the file they posted for the Visual Voicemail and install it under the downloads with your ES File Explorer. It should work right away unless as I said that you started using the AT&T Messages app. They will have to remove that because it uses the old school voicemail to work. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Ok, I just did all this and it works great as long as you didnt use AT&T Messages program first (if you did they will need to remove your VM and or data pack and re-add). So here are the steps.
1. Download and install ES File Explorer if you dont already have it.
2. Download the file they posted for the Visual Voicemail and install it under the downloads with your ES File Explorer. It should work right away unless as I said that you started using the AT&T Messages app. They will have to remove that because it uses the old school voicemail to work. Good Luck!

Richcop,

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much. I did have to call AT&T and have them remove my vm and data and add it back on. The AT&T rep actually thanked me for letting him know this worked. LoL. I wonder if there is a way to make it access the Visual VM through the little tape recorder Icon on the dial pad like my wifes sky rocket. The tech did not know. Still awesome to get a drop down for new vm and click on it and it takes you straight there for the msg. Thanks again!!:)

Upvote 0
1- download a file explorer (es file explorer, i use bluetooth file transfer) from play store.

2- download apk file from xda

3- extract and install file with app downloaded from market (ensure u have sideload enabled)

4- log onto your at&t wireless account access the add/ remove features screen there you will see 2 options one will say:
3gb 4g lte no vvm, the other will not mention vvm. move selection to the one that does not mention vvm. Cost will be the same but has the proper account provisions. Finish the process, when u receive an email that u have changed your account proceed to next step.

5- open vvm app previously installed, follow on screen prompts.

6- enjoy vvm

Ps- i did it this way because at&t phone rep was useless and said it was impossible to have vvm on galaxy note.

Upvote 0
I use Google Voice on my Inspire. We can't use it on the Note???

Sure you can. I use it all the time since it is my business line. An interesting point about GVoice on the Note is that you can toggle it on and off with a widget. Then, when you use the stock dial pad or text messaging it will route it through Gvoice if you toggled it on or through your stock software if you toggle it off. I like this feature but it took some getting used to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones