• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vodafone in CEX?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
Am looking at maybe buying a phone from CEX in the UK. I've noticed that it's a lot cheaper to buy the phone I want on Vodafone than all other networks. Does anyone know why? I would want to unlock and am worried it might not be possible?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks, El Presidente. I have unlocked a phone before and it's because I know that it was easy to do, it makes me wonder why CEX sell the Vodafone version of the phone much cheaper (even the A grade is cheaper that the B grade from other networks). Surely, once you unlock phones from different networks they are all unlocked so are just the same as each other? For that matter, why don't CEX unlock all their phones and sell them as unlocked which they charge more for?

In order to unlock the phone I'm looking at, I would have to buy it from CEX first and I don't wan't to risk there being some reason I can't unlock it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones