• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice and picture messaging....

cableguynoe

Android Expert
Mar 30, 2010
Monterey, CA
Ok...Today i tried to do something that i used to do back in my Alias 2 days (regular cellphone), but couldn't.

Can i record a simple voice message and send it via MMS? It was pretty simple to do with a cell phone...
I saw that the eris comes with a voice recorder, but i recorded a message and was not able to send it.
Any ideas?

Also, when sending pictures via MMS, it always resizes them and obviously the person receiving doesn't get the same quality.
I realize that sending via Gmail doesn't resize, but i send to other cell phones a lot.
I'm thinking the only fix is lowering the camera resolution? I think that lowering the resolution is still better than having it resized for the message.
Has anyone tried lowering the resolution to a point that the picture does not need to be resized for MMS?

Same thing for Video messages.. can't even send them. Not sure if it's HAndcent, or the file is just to big

by coincidence, I also was trying to do this this morning... I had made a voice recording of a marine corp reverielle and I wanted to send it to my daughter at college by attaching to a text. I had tried to use a voice recorder that I dl'd from the market but it wouldn't let me attach it to the sms/mms. But I used the stock voice recorder (which I don't like as much as the other) and it gives you an option of saving it as a ring tone, which I did. Then using chompsms, i opened the menu and there is an option to add an attachment. Select that and it gives you option of attaching pics, capture pic, videos, capture vid or audio. I selected audio and it came up with a list of the ringtones, one of which was the recording I had done. athough there might be an easier way maybe using ringtoid or something which i don't have. But this worked for me.

Upvote 0
by coincidence, I also was trying to do this this morning... I had made a voice recording of a marine corp reverielle and I wanted to send it to my daughter at college by attaching to a text. I had tried to use a voice recorder that I dl'd from the market but it wouldn't let me attach it to the sms/mms. But I used the stock voice recorder (which I don't like as much as the other) and it gives you an option of saving it as a ring tone, which I did. Then using chompsms, i opened the menu and there is an option to add an attachment. Select that and it gives you option of attaching pics, capture pic, videos, capture vid or audio. I selected video and it came up with a list of the ringtones, one of which was the recording I had done. athough there might be an easier way maybe using ringtoid or something which i don't have. But this worked for me.

Awesome... At least I have a way of doing it for now.
But i am sure there must be an easier way.
Hopefully others chime in...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones