• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volt disappears after 30 mins on computer

SteboMT

May 24, 2013
Atlanta
So I tried to copy about 10gb worth of Music and Video to my volt's SDCARD and in about 30 mins of copying the phone disappears from the computer.

Even though "LG Volt" shows in the device tree of Windows explorer when you click into it, the Internal and SDcard entries are gone!

I had to shut it down and remove the SDcard and put it into my PC to copy stuff to it. This is definitely THE LAST cheap phone I will ever buy!

Interesting, but I think you are being to quick to blame the phone. You didn't seem to bothered to do any kind of trouble shooting or even repeat the same process again.

That said, like what you ended up doing, I use a usb sd card reader to do things like that. It is just so much faster then going over a cable and through the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones