1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Volt disappears after 30 mins on computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SteboMT, Sep 27, 2014.

1. SteboMT

SteboMT Member

So I tried to copy about 10gb worth of Music and Video to my volt's SDCARD and in about 30 mins of copying the phone disappears from the computer.

Even though "LG Volt" shows in the device tree of Windows explorer when you click into it, the Internal and SDcard entries are gone!

I had to shut it down and remove the SDcard and put it into my PC to copy stuff to it. This is definitely THE LAST cheap phone I will ever buy!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

Interesting, but I think you are being to quick to blame the phone. You didn't seem to bothered to do any kind of trouble shooting or even repeat the same process again.

That said, like what you ended up doing, I use a usb sd card reader to do things like that. It is just so much faster then going over a cable and through the phone.

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

The phone probably just went to sleep, which would unmount the drives.

Also, were you just copying them over? Or were you actually using media player to transfer?

4. SteboMT

SteboMT Member

Maybe the phone 'did go to sleep' but I never had this problem with my Victory...

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews