• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VOTE: AndroidForums.com Name Change!

I hope we're all encouraging, while engaging in... lively discussion... about how to best go about it. Sound decisions are the made in the counsel of many. It's just that if we have a site name as BIG as Daily.net, we need to be ready to bring on new moderation teams for each section of that; new admin teams to keep things ticking on the backend; and lots of what used to be Guides to help mods mind the store in their little areas of expertise. It can be done, and affordably. But can it be done quickly enough?

I'm open to other opinions about that sort of massive expansion...

Upvote 0
I hope we're all encouraging, while engaging in... lively discussion... about how to best go about it. Sound decisions are the made in the counsel of many. It's just that if we have a site name as BIG as Daily.net, we need to be ready to bring on new moderation teams for each section of that; new admin teams to keep things ticking on the backend; and lots of what used to be Guides to help mods mind the store in their little areas of expertise. It can be done, and affordably. But can it be done quickly enough?

I'm open to other opinions about that sort of massive expansion...
YOU'RE HIRED! (again).
Steven runs

Upvote 0
if we have a site name as BIG as Daily.net, we need to be ready to bring on new moderation teams
This is why EarlyBird.Club still speaks to me. It takes what we've always done well (track and discuss upcoming and newly released products), but zooms out to encompass all tech. Removes the limitations but keeps focus. Generic name but brandable. Easy to understand the concept in a split second.

I know many disagree, but is there a more logical way to organize a site for tech enthusiasts than product life cycle? The bulk of people care about:

1. Upcoming & Rumored Products
2. Newly Released Products
3. Best Products Available
3. Product Support/Community (Archives)

The best/biggest communities are built in Phase 1, so doesn't it make sense to position the site as an early adopter community?

Dang, I think I've flown full circle.

Upvote 0
I'm not one for being an early adopter, at least in terms of hardware. And I get the impression that that goes for most people in this forum.
The reason AF exists is because of Early Adopters. From the G1/Dream and Droid to Nexus, Galaxy, and Pixel... the entire community was founded on the tech enthusiasts exploring next generation tech. Not everyone becomes an early adopter but that is what drives interest.

If you're not an early adopter but you want insight on newly released products, where do you turn? To early adopters. To some extent it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones