• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZ SGS3 Camera vs. IPhone 4s Camera

Raw camera speed (zero shutter lag), image capture rate, and all those extra features in the camera (best photo, face recognition etc) make using the S3 camera a better overall experience in my opinion. But the camera does not pick up light or color as good as the camera on the iphone 4s.

Agreed seems indoors with ambient lighting this cam struggles.

Upvote 0
I bought the S3 (att) based on the idea that we were going to get the same Sony sensor as the 4S. $590+ with tax, no commitment. I have a 2 yr old, the best camera you have is the one with you.. so while I have SLR gear, the best camera I can have on a (android) phone is important. I've had a SGS2 and Note. I'm really disappointed and will consider ripping out the sensor we got and swapping in a Sony sensor if that turns out to be viable (somebody at XDA is going to try this on his i747). Alternately, I'd send my phone back to Samsung to make this right if they offered. I can't help feeling bait and switched.

I've considered returning it, keeping my Note or SGS2. But I probably will keep it and hope for a camera module swap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones