• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waiting for ICS rollout

shadragon

Jun 29, 2011
I have an HTC Incredible S and Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, both of which (according to the manufacturers websites) are due for an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. They said 1st Q of 2012 which is mostly over and still nothing.

Has anyone with either of those devices had an ICS update yet? Am getting a little impatient.

Cheers.

Darn. OK, thanks. Feel free to post here if you get an update. Until then I will just click the update button daily. :D

Why not do what I do when a major OS version is due out:

Just check the device forum for your device. When ICS rolls out, I'm sure there will be about 3 or 4 threads that Mods and Guides will have to be constantly combining because people got excited that ICS is out and created a new thread before looking if there is another thread already discussing it :p

Upvote 0
They have until end of March for 1st Q rollout. But I still wouldn't hold my breath. Even they said 1st Q, that doesn't mean anything :rolleyes:.
My breath is still waiting to be held. End of March has passed and nothing yet on either device. ~sigh~

Suspecting the delay is being caused by some of the Sony phones having issues with ICS. Honestly, don't really care about my phone as it is working well on Honeycomb, but I do want the tablet to be updated for the extra toys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones