• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Was waiting for the HTC apps to suck - they don't!

JoeyJoeJo

Apr 10, 2010
My first "smartphone" was a WinMo 02 xda Orbit II which was a rebadged HTC something and it was a good gadget :), a bad phone :(, sucky interface :( and the HTC apps on it were terrible :mad:.

So I was a bit hesitant of going smartphone, htc and touchscreen again but as a serial downloader, I thought at least I can replace the apps from the market.

A full week later, I'm loving the handset, the touchscreen, the phone usage and most surprisingly - the HTC apps :eek:.

I've tried loads of alternatives but the SenseUI suits me, the music is the best I've tried (of about a dozen, would be nice if it identified custom genre tags tho), the clock is great, the weather is great, I've gone back to the SMS after trying Handcent and Chomp, and I'm coming to the conclusion that HTC have done a really good job in improving the standard of the apps and it'll take something really special for me to replace them.

So props to HTC, hopefully they'll keep bringing goodness to the table and force market devs come up with quality innovative products.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones