• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Washington Post Review

pizz1000

Oct 29, 2009
Arizona
Greg Kumparak from the Washington Post on his Mobile Crunch Blog does a review of the Droid. As he normally carries an iPhone, I thought his conclusion was very telling regarding the Droid. You can read it your self but his ending thoughts are:

"Each phone platform has such tremendous merits. Androids got better navigation; the iPhone has a better browser. Androids got unbeatable expandability and flexibility; the iPhone OS is mind-numbingly easy to use and the rate of growth and drive behind the App Store is simply explosive.With Android 2.0, we​

they forgot the most important thing when reviewing a cell phone....the network

I have an iPhone...which is more like an iPod touch since the service is an absolute joke and the sole reason I'm switching.

So true. I had the iPhone and loved it, but no MMS(at the time) and ATT's horrible network made me switch. Now that the droid is almost here, I will be happy with my phone and network at the same time.

Upvote 0
they forgot the most important thing when reviewing a cell phone....the network

I have an iPhone...which is more like an iPod touch since the service is an absolute joke and the sole reason I'm switching.

Hence the reason why I just got an iPod touch instead of an iPhone. Its a toy and should be used as one. If I want to make phone calls I'll use something a little more reliable on a reliable network. (Not to sound like a spokesman or anything haha)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones