• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch phone

All companies are independent in the sense they're private businesses. I suppose some countries might have government monopolies but I don't know of any.

Here an article about smartwatches and stand-alone watches . Most of the watches communicate through a smartphone and must be close to one to work. A standalone takes it's own SIM card and cell service.

http://smartwatches.org/learn/best-standalone-smartwatch-options/

You'd have to check where you live to see what the cheap plans are like. I live in Mexico and have unlimited phone calls and messages in Mexico and to the U.S. and Canada but very limited mobile data. Since I'm rarely away from WiFi I don't worry about mobile data and my service is $100 Nexican pesos every 21 days. That's roughly $2 a week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones