• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Way to Root A73 --[Working] [CWM RECOVERY] Flashing CWM Recovery method for A73...

Upvote 0
Dude, even after installing these drivers, my USB connection is not detected in the Smart Phone Flash tool when it says "Please insert USB cable in 14 seconds."

I tried it a MILLION TIMES and am very frustated with failure to root my phone. Please help!!!

Did you switched off your phone while connecting the cable in as if the phone needs to be switched off then only u need to connect d cable and your phone will be detected.

Upvote 0
@shahbazas I flashed CWM on my A73 by the SP Flash Tool method. Now, instead of using the volume rocker, I have to use the Menu/Home keys for navigation and the Power key for selecting an option. Is it a bug? Or does CWM work in this way only on the phone?

It works both the way and its upto you how you use it.

Upvote 0
I am using Windows 7 it installs the drivers as i plug in my A73 by itself under the category "Android USB Devices" and shows my device as "My HTC" and when i try to override the drivers or you can say update the drivers by the drivers given to download it says my device drivers are up to date

after all this whenever i try to use SP Flash no matter whether my phone is on or off while connecting it when the timer starts, after some time SP Flash gives error 8100 and says "[Android USB] can not find USB port!"

i am really very frustrated, i am trying to root my A73 from last few days but nothing worked out

please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones