• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wear OS "Application on phone not found"

I'm developping an application which targets Android mobile phones and Wear OS:

When searching the application on the Watch directly on Google play, I can find it correctly if typing the name of the app but no trace of my app if I look in the list of apps installed on the phone. I see many other applications but not the app I'm developping. I have checked that the package name is the same on the manifests used for mobile phone and watch. I cannot find information about this issue and don't really know where to search to understand why my application is not listed in the applications installed on the phone.
As anyone already encountered this issue .

Also on my phone when searching for my app on Google play I can correctly install it for the phone. But the button to automatically install the app on the watch is not working. I would bet it's the same root cause that produce both issues.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones