• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Website feature , I can't access.

There is a sports website that I frequent and also post replies to different stories.

When I try and post a message or reply it won't let.me.

I'm logged in to the site but when I hit "submit" the screen goes grey/dark.

I have tried two browsers with the same result.

Would it be a programming error on the Android?

I post a fair amount so it's a bit frustrating.

P.s I do have adguard but have tried with it on and off. Makes no difference.

Thanks

Ahhh ok I found out the problem in my situation. The mobile site gives me a grey screen with no way to log in. When I switch to the desktop version I get the pop up that asks me to sign in.

Problem solved. Although its strange I get a grey screen and no text box asking me to sign in via the mobile site :( which is obviously the choice as desktop version is really small to read.

Thanks everyone

Upvote 0
Seems to be alright on my Oppo, with stock browser. Make comment and then gets as far as the sign in pop-up.

Screenshot_2017-12-15-00-13-13-72.png

Upvote 0
I just tried it with 5 android browsers, and only one (NB Pro) gave me the login screen.

I didn't try turning off anti-tracking features in 3 of the others, but I don't think I have any of that in Chrome and it also gave me the grey screen overlay, so I think it's probably a feature that's not supported by a common mobile browser engine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones