• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird app drawer problem

Hello everyone!

New Android themer here. I am pretty much a noob on android but willing to learn a lot.

Currently I am making my first theme for Go launcher. It is going to be a star trek TNG LCARS theme. For those of you who dont know the LCARS, it basically is a vector based layout ideally for touch screen. I make all the graphics in AI.

Using the online Go launcher theme maker I am making good progress... however... I am running into a problem which I hope you guys can help me with.

I have five wallpapers that I use. These wallpapers all have headers like Entertainment, Science, Communications etc. I want to have corresponding apps on every homescreen. To show the homescreens I use Go MultiWallpaper.

Now... Everything was going fine, up until the point I applied the graphics for the app drawer. As soon as I activate the Multiple wallpapers, the background picture of the app drawer gets stretched by a couple of pixels. Just enough to make some details I want to have on screen dissapear off screen. I am using some vector drawings of buttons for the "All", "Recent" en "Running" options on the top of my app drawer background. Using an overlay of exactely thesame button at exactely thesame location gives me the effect I want for the tab to be selected. However, when the background of the appdrawer gets stretched, the button below shows up underneath. Not nice at all.

As far as I can tell the picture in the background gets stretched down and to the right. I estimate it to be 5-10 pixels.

I also have this problem when I use another app to show multiple wallpapers. Running an unrooted Galaxy S2.

Tried re-installing Go launcher, Go MultipleWallpaper, restarting etc. but nothing helped.

Any ideas on this one, or anybody who recognises the problem and has some advice?

Thanks in advance! Will post the theme here once it is all done :)

cheerz!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones