1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Weird Issue Which may or may not be normal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaKeeza, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DaKeeza

DaKeeza Member

Alright... so here's the long story short. I had this issue a long time ago and I posted on a here for help. Well like a few months. And I think I concluded what it is.

I ran the RUU thing, and I was following that one guide that's stickied and was suggested. And did all the steps and stuff, and AFTER I did the flashing the hboot thing with the jup bear or whatever, then I was no longer able to boot into the stock VM rom.

I don't know if this is normal behavior. The reason I ran the RUU was because I wanted to flash the stock rom, but each time I did it failed to start correctly. By failed to start correctly I mean I see HTC, then black screen momentarily, then phone is off. I did the RUU, and it was fine, but once I flashed the hboot, it did that weird thing again. Other roms seem to work fine. Sorry if this is a mess of thoughts but I need to figure out if it's normal behavior or not. I'm guessing it isn't.

Yup that's all I'm S-oFF btw if that matters. I think I was having this problem with S-ON too and that's why I ended up S-OFF'ing but I'm not sure if any of this is relevant. Thanks!

My phone works fine and stuff, and I don't plan on using the normal rom, but it bothers me that I can't run stock.

Advertisement

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Can you please provide us with all of the information on the bootloader screen as well as what custom recovery you're using? :D

OB

scary alien likes this.
  3. DaKeeza

DaKeeza Member

Sure!! I hope you didn't tldr, I'm sorry it was kind of vague. I'm using 4EXT, but the issue occurred with that other green one too. I don't think it's relevant, but I don't know anything. Um Bootloader let me see is this what you want:

JUOPUNUT BEAR with some equal signs
    SHOOTER XC SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-1.50.5050
    RADIO-1.09.00.0108
    eMMC-boot
    Aug 7, 2011, 10:21:40

HBOOT in blue
    some vul up down power stuff
    fastboot, recovery, fac reset, simlock, and image crc in that order.

4. DaKeeza

DaKeeza Member

Any clues?

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Hey DaKeeza,

I've moved your thread over to the all-things-root area for you since you mentioned the RUU and restoring a stock recovery, etc. (the guys here might be more likely to reply).

Cheers and best of luck!

:)

6. DaKeeza

DaKeeza Member

Aw! Thanks a bunch! I seriously thought I put it in there. haha silly me.
    THANKS!!! :D

scary alien likes this.
  7. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

So, you're trying to run a stock Rom?
    If so you need hboot 1.57

Several 'stock based' custom rims, such as harmonia will work with 1.50

Does that make sense?

Brian706 and scary alien like this.
  8. DaKeeza

DaKeeza Member

OKAY!
    So, just to be clear, what you're saying is that with my current setup of stuffz it's completely normal that the stock VM Rom does not start?

Thanks!

9. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

Yep

scary alien and DaKeeza like this.
  10. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Android Enthusiast

Stock rom won't boot on anything but 1.57 or 1.58 hboot.

scary alien likes this.
Tags: