• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Weird Issue Which may or may not be normal

DaKeeza

Mar 26, 2013
Alright... so here's the long story short. I had this issue a long time ago and I posted on a here for help. Well like a few months. And I think I concluded what it is.

I ran the RUU thing, and I was following that one guide that's stickied and was suggested. And did all the steps and stuff, and AFTER I did the flashing the hboot thing with the jup bear or whatever, then I was no longer able to boot into the stock VM rom.

I don't know if this is normal behavior. The reason I ran the RUU was because I wanted to flash the stock rom, but each time I did it failed to start correctly. By failed to start correctly I mean I see HTC, then black screen momentarily, then phone is off. I did the RUU, and it was fine, but once I flashed the hboot, it did that weird thing again. Other roms seem to work fine. Sorry if this is a mess of thoughts but I need to figure out if it's normal behavior or not. I'm guessing it isn't.

Yup that's all I'm S-oFF btw if that matters. I think I was having this problem with S-ON too and that's why I ended up S-OFF'ing but I'm not sure if any of this is relevant. Thanks!

My phone works fine and stuff, and I don't plan on using the normal rom, but it bothers me that I can't run stock.

Sure!! I hope you didn't tldr, I'm sorry it was kind of vague. I'm using 4EXT, but the issue occurred with that other green one too. I don't think it's relevant, but I don't know anything. Um Bootloader let me see is this what you want:

JUOPUNUT BEAR with some equal signs
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.50.5050
RADIO-1.09.00.0108
eMMC-boot
Aug 7, 2011, 10:21:40

HBOOT in blue
some vul up down power stuff
fastboot, recovery, fac reset, simlock, and image crc in that order.

Upvote 0
Sure!! I hope you didn't tldr, I'm sorry it was kind of vague. I'm using 4EXT, but the issue occurred with that other green one too. I don't think it's relevant, but I don't know anything. Um Bootloader let me see is this what you want:

JUOPUNUT BEAR with some equal signs
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.50.5050
RADIO-1.09.00.0108
eMMC-boot
Aug 7, 2011, 10:21:40

HBOOT in blue
some vul up down power stuff
fastboot, recovery, fac reset, simlock, and image crc in that order.

So, you're trying to run a stock Rom?
If so you need hboot 1.57

Several 'stock based' custom rims, such as harmonia will work with 1.50

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones