• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

well it happened! Cracked camera glass

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 1,065
Upvote 0
Happened to me this morning on the NYC subway. The phone is in a hard case in my pocket with lcd facing my leg and I bumped in to the turnstile. I figured no big deal since I have a hard case and the lens is recessed by a few mm. I get in to the train and the lens is cracked in 3 pieces. What a crock of $hit.

Upvote 0
I thiught the same thing when i first got my phone so i was going to just go caseless. I thohght no big deal if i set the phone down and it resy on the lense t wojldnt get scratched cause t was glas. But after a week i noticed ihave twk scrayches. I have since put a sprint store gel case on it but i really miss the phone being bare. Seems like a case wont help wib the cracking of the lense eegaurdless.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
waiting on pics :D

Sorry dude, I've had a seidio active on mine since release, and lord knows how many times it's seen concrete and is holding up perfectly fine. I do have a very thin scratch along bottom of the rear lens, which I got before I got a case on there.

Well, I have the same case and I baby the thing anyway. This is what I discovered this weekend after getting blurry pictures with the camera:

DSC00654_reduced.jpg

I really don't know when it happened but it must have been while it was in my pocket because I have never dropped it and I always lay it face down. I must have leaned on something and hit it right on the lens.

I have the Sprint insurance that I could go with and pay the $100, but I am hoping they will fix it for free (suggested by the Sprint rep when I called) or I could go the home enthusiast route and do it myself. Suggestions anyone?

Upvote 0
Oh Damnn,,immediately checked mines within seconds of reading this...and i just changed my case selection from the seidio rugged case where this was very last thing I ever worried about,,I wore it with the upmost confidence on my holster clipped to my side pocket wherever I was,,,now I'm rockin a seidio 3500 in a basic silicone,my sac is now shivering after reading this,might have to take a dremel to the rugged case to accomodate...:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones