• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

Has anyone had luck pulling spc code? I've tried cdma workshop and an opensource cdma type program I found and no luck on either. Both will connect via com port but when trying to read spc cdma workshop reports phone won't answer and the other tool locks up.

I was able to read the spc with cdma ws, and change it. And when lgnpst asked for it, the spc I wrote to it unlocked the phone, and the phone also took the spc when I dialed ##3424#. Sometimes I'll get lucky and it will let me press the pound key more than once without going to the menu.

Upvote 0
I was able to read the spc with cdma ws, and change it. And when lgnpst asked for it, the spc I wrote to it unlocked the phone, and the phone also took the spc when I dialed ##3424#. Sometimes I'll get lucky and it will let me press the pound key more than once without going to the menu.

Wait when did you read the spc, befoe or after the flash? And how?

Upvote 0

Maybe I have bad drivers or something. Can you post a link to the drivers you used what version of cdma ws are you using?

I put it in download mode and it loads com port but not working.

Wonder is the dll file is making the phone think it's something else?

That .nvs file should be a backup of your nvram prior to flashing the tot, so if you flash it with lgnpst using the data recovery it SHOULD restore your nvram.

Upvote 0
Maybe I have bad drivers or something. Can you post a link to the drivers you used what version of cdma ws are you using?

I put it in download mode and it loads com port but not working.

Wonder is the dll file is making the phone think it's something else?

That .nvs file should be a backup of your nvrom so if you flash it with lgnpst using the data recovery it SHOULD restore your nvram.

Here are all of the drivers I'm using- Download Drivers.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is cdma ws- Download CDMA Workshop 2.7.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
just use the loader to open cdma ws.

And I have no idea why it has vs910 instead of vm696. I was just telling you guys about my observation 0.o

Reactions: kwknott
Upvote 0
Here are all of the drivers I'm using- Download Drivers.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is cdma ws- Download CDMA Workshop 2.7.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
just use the loader to open cdma ws.

And I have no idea why it has vs910 instead of vm696. I was just telling you guys about my observation 0.o

Thanks, I'll try these...

Thinking it has something with the dll, Maybe jcase can shed some light on that one. Wonder if the dll was created using the revolution dll?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll try these...

Thinking it has something with the dll, Maybe jcase can shed some light on that one. Wonder if the dll was created using the revolution dll?

I guess its possible. I mean it would be pretty hard to do all of that from scratch, it would be easier if he based his work of something I suppose.

Upvote 0
The serial port was COM5.

Wonder if my driver issues are stupid Win7 x64

I'm running windows 7 x64 too, so that's not the problem.

My adb isn't working at the moment. I have no idea why, but it will only recognize the device about 5% of the time. The rest of the time it will just charge, and the phone doesn't give me an option of Charge/Mass Storage, but it will enable USB debugging. Weird :/

Upvote 0
I'm running windows 7 x64 too, so that's not the problem.

My adb isn't working at the moment. I have no idea why, but it will only recognize the device about 5% of the time. The rest of the time it will just charge, and the phone doesn't give me an option of Charge/Mass Storage, but it will enable USB debugging. Weird :/

Well time for some more research on flashing this tot file and trying to pull spc. Hopefully we can figure this out..

Wonder if my phone not being activated could be the reason I can't pull spc???

Upvote 0
Try this

adb shell logcat -b radio -d > radiolog.txt

Then dial ##3424#

then stop the logcat and send me the radiolog.txt
I did this with: adb shell logcat -b radio
took out the d because
-d dump the log and then exit (don't block)
so I believe it forces it to exit when it grabs all of the log in that second.
View attachment myradiolog.txt

Upvote 0
I won't be back to a computer until the 12TH
Bah, ok. We'll have to hack something out hopefully.

Salfy, My radio.txt was almost the same as yours and I noted that the senddata (in our case I believe it would be outgoing data) RIM was translated into rawdata. Previously it was plaintext and the first 6 numbers would be the msl but virgin mobile is seriously cracking down.

From my 1 - 2 day research and spending way too many an hour looking at logcats, my best guess is that it could refer to a hex address or block that if we're lucky can be found in our memory dump. That said I have not fully read the rawdata syntax that can be found more or less online (here's one reading)
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.android.platform/8798

All I know is that the MSL seems to have been obfuscated and is not buried in the long rawdata hex number 5155414c434f4d4d011009000400000064000000 as yours and mine are precisely the same.

Will continue looking for more as jcase et al work their magic and think of new things.

On another note I've tried qxdm / qpst, lgpstn, and of course dfx and none of those work.

If i was very massochistic, I would slowly try the over 500 potential MSL's pulled from the bin but by then you guys would have rooted, rommed, and discussed how to best overclock the elite ;P

Upvote 0
@hashtag

I wonder since the .nvs file you have is a backup of your nvram if it would be possible to open it and determine your spc?

You can backup NV in lgnpst without having to flash the tot, just not sure if contents can be viewed on PC or if it would readable.

Will have to try tonight when I get home

Upvote 0
@hashtag

I wonder since the .nvs file you have is a backup of your nvram if it would be possible to open it and determine your spc?

You can backup NV in lgnpst without having to flash the tot, just not sure if contents can be viewed on PC or if it would readable.

I tried pulling my NV with that backup but i froze up maybe because it was an edited version of cdma or w e and hash tag already has his spc

Upvote 0
@hashtag

Could be. I have no idea how to do that, but here's a link if you want to take a look at it yourself- Download VS910_COM6.nvs from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

My replacement OE should get here today or tomorrow, I'll get to help out more when that gets here, because I'm pretty sure it's a lot different from everybody elses now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones