• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We've upgraded to XenForo! Help us iron out the bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah OK the blue dot next to threads works for highlighting updated and unread threads. As does the emboldened username to the right of the thread. NICE.

But it's not easy to tell whether you've read new posts once you're inside a thread in the same way you could previously. There used to be a yellow square? if the posts was unread, I seem to remember. Is there any way of quickly identifying new posts now, or do we have to read them all again until we find one we haven't read?

Upvote 0
But it's not easy to tell whether you've read new posts once you're inside a thread in the same way you could previously. There used to be a yellow square? if the posts was unread, I seem to remember. Is there any way of quickly identifying new posts now, or do we have to read them all again until we find one we haven't read?

On the right side of the post it will say New in green.

Reactions: davoid
Upvote 0
Thread redirect links from the old forum don't seem to be working correctly. In the Android News And Talk forum (formerly Android Lounge) this thread was moved to a different forum, but when you click on it it takes you to an empty thread:
2015 Android flagship phones

It can be viewed only by first going to the forum it was moved to, then clicking on it. Happens with other redirects also.

Upvote 0
What's wrong with the attached picture lol?

Anyone else with copy/paste/delete broken or not right in mobile browsers?

Can we please dial back the announcement notification defaults?

Active posters will be constantly interrupted while trying to post or read.
Can I ask where or what section your in

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Can we get this new phormat in an "Option" at the user level. As in

"View in Classic" (the old format) And "XenForo"?

The underlying software the forum runs on has changed, rather than the software being reskinned, so that wouldn't be possible.

Five minutes - when and if it works for people.

Everyone say that but how can you edit in a 5min window without no edit button

Yeah I guess we have two problems combined when it comes to errors. The disappearing edit button is presumably a permissions related problem, I guess?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones