• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What did i do wrong?

I just rooted and flashed a voodoo kernel yesterday. But when i boot there is no animation and just sound. The phone seems faster but sometimes locks up. I am new to the Galaxy S rooting. I know how to do the Nexus one but this seems harder. Can anyone help me out?

Yeah do you have a verizon fascinate or att captivate/tmobile vibrant

If its a fascinate not all of the old voodoo kernels had boot animations enabled

Upvote 0
Dirrk D02 1200 standard voltage. I needed to partition the sd to ext4 correct?

coming from n1 i see where u are getting confused. the ext4 is the part that voodoo changes from rfs (crappy samsung filesystem) so you don't format the sd it's not apps to sd. its the 2gb we have on the system memory that your apps go to that is changed to ext4. if you want to save yourself a headache just use geekniks kernels or read up on xda and go in the irc for help. coming from a n1 since feb (1st android) i found them to be very helpful

Reactions: Euforeik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones