• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What Drivers Do I Need to Install for UnrEVOked to Find My HTC Desire So I Can Root it?

D

Deleted User

Hi,

I recently put a Vodafone ROM on my HTC Desire, and it removed my root. I have everything I need to re-root it but every time I insert my usb in, UnrEVOked just stays the same. It done that when I first tried to root it, but I installed some drivers which I cannot remember and it found my device. Does anyone have any idea what drivers I need to install?

Thanks in adavance...:)

@ducky1979 - just in case SUroot's response with question mark was meant, i can confirm modified drivers work fine under Win 7 as I've just recently rooted on a Win 7 x64 system with no probs. Suspect the drivers were originally developed for x86 (32-bit) anyway, and I half expected some issues under x64 system as more likely than the OS version itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones