1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General What Happened...Auto Factory Reset Today???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Medic005, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    So today, between 11:30am and 12:30pm, my ERIS decided to do an automatic factory reset...WTF... Did VZW push out something today? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Medic005

Feb 5, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just checked my software versions and I'm still on v2.1 leak 3. Not sure why it did an auto factory reset, just a PIA to reload and reset everything...

3. It is odd that a device would reset itself, not merely a reboot which would be bad enough not knowing why.

Are you absolutely certain it was a factory data reset, with having to re-activate? ..etc?

4. Medic005

Feb 5, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Yep, Factory Reset, had to go through the re-activate process, wiped all Apps and data...

5. Medic005

Feb 5, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It happened again today, I took my phone off the charger and it had done a factory reset again. Had to re-activate, this is a PIA...

Has anyone else experienced the phone doing a factory reset on it's own??

Thanks!
    Tom

6. That is very strange. I was looking around other forums and found that it is a problem with (not joking) iPads.

If it happened to my Eris I'd be at the store with it post haste. ;)

7. katydid99

katydid99 Active Member

May 26, 2010
    My phone rebooted on its own last week. I never got a notification about the latest update so don't know if the reboot pushed it to me or not. I received the first update weeks ago before they stopped it but never received the second one. Anyone know whether the reboot was the update? Thanks.

8. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    The update doesn't reboot your phone by itself. It would give you a notation.

9. Medic005

Feb 5, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re-Boot had nothing to do with the update, I checked my software version numbers after the re-boot and they were the same as it was before the auto re-boot happened.