• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just got another update for my phone(unrooted), and it killed avlot of applications. My swype and all of the applications included with the eclair update are gone, except for the Hd camcorder. This is the second ota update I have received. Is this happening often among vibrant users. I'm really pissed that my swype is not working at all. Just wanted to know if anyone could help me. Thank you.

I just got another update for my phone(unrooted), and it killed avlot of applications. My swype and all of the applications included with the eclair update are gone, except for the Hd camcorder. This is the second ota update I have received. Is this happening often among vibrant users. I'm really pissed that my swype is not working at all. Just wanted to know if anyone could help me. Thank you.

Have you tried going into the settings menu and checking to see if you can set Swype as default again? Also, under settings, what does it say for version?

Upvote 0

There are posts on XDA by others reporting a new update reverting their phones back to the previous JFD firmware version.

If I were you I would be on the phone to TMO support to find out what's up.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it happened to mine as well. I couldn't find anything specific about a second update even coming to the phone (I work for T-Mobile). Could be that there were some end-users having an issue with the update so they backed it out, or they're prepping for a 2.2 update.

You work for TMO and can't get any info about this? That's a bit scary.

If it really is a systematic rollback of JI6 to prep for 2.2 wouldn't you think TMO would let users know about this? Removing apps and features with no warning and CSR's having no clue is really not cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones