• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What I wish the Vigor would have been....

icarius

Sep 7, 2009
Props to DroidLife for side by side comparison. Here is what I wish from my next phone:

OK. Here is what I want:

Price: Not going there.
Processor: Snapdragon S4 http://www.qualcomm.com/docume...
Display: 4.65" HD Super AMOLED
Resolution: 1280x720
Rear Camera: 8MP
Rear Video: 1080p @ 30 fps
Front Camera: 2MP
Front Vide: 720p
Storage: 32GB Internal and up to 32GB microSD
Android Version: Android 4.0 ICS
Android Skin: Cyanogen 9.0
RAM: 1GB
Network: 4G LTE (see Snapdragon S4)
NFC: Yes
Beats by Dre: Don't care. Want earbuds.
Battery: 1780mAh with Extended Battery option
Talk Time: 12.5 hours
Standby Time: 4 days @ 4GLTE
Thickness: 10mm or less
Weight: 5oz or less
Bluetooth: 3.0

First company to produce gets me off my HTC Droid Incredible (original gangsta AMOLED version with Extended Battery and Cyanogen 7.1).

Everytime new processors or other tech emerges what you want will change. Maybe what you should be asking for is a "NEW EVERY TWO months" upgrade plan.

I agree with you. On the edge...the cutting edge...the bleeding edge. As I said, I still have an HTC Incredible AMOLED and I don't plan on going to the Vigorezound. If the phone I spec'ed above came out I would definitely buy it. A big part of the Snapdragon (and I'm sure OMAP) processors coming VERY soon are integrated 4G LTE radios. I bet the power problems will improve significantly from early LTE phones like the TBolt.

Upvote 0
It's darn close. But I really like HTC. SD card slot and removable battery are nice to have too...

The Nexus has a removable battery. After owning a Droid Bionic and how it handles the 16 onboard and the sd card I am all for losing the sd card. Everything gets scattered around and you can't tell most apps to look for data on the sd card. Having all the storage on the sd card is nice but I can't complain about faster internal storage without as sd card as long as it is enough storage. Its such a pain in the ass to have to move around backups and other stuff from the internal storage and to the sd card back and forth just so I can use certain apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones