• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What in the dickens is going on with my battery life?

andyknights

Apr 20, 2010
So, happened upon a post the other day by InfernalByte (I think that's the name...) and he mentioned some battery calibration app thingy. So, I've gone and done it, since I've flashed GV a few times for updates and the like - and my battery life has gone to the best it's ever been!

Is this right? I mean, true, I've not used my phone as much today as I would typically do - but it's still at 84%, 9 hours usage....if this is going to carry on into tomorrow, then I am mightily impressed at the ROM and the battery calibration app...

And why hasn't anyone replied to my other message (only posted yday, mind) about profiles in CM/GV 2.7 - I'm not feeling the love from you guys right now...

Me, as always, forever indebted to you intelligent peeps.

I assume you all use Tasker instead? Or is there something else that does what proflies does, that I am missing?

I haven't yet deciphered Tasker properly. I'd need to take a career break from my career break to do so, I feel....

EDIT: Dammit - I've now got a profiles thread on a battery life comment. That's not very tidy...

Upvote 0
I use Tasker for automation. Audiomanager does job of manually switched profiles for me - had it before profiles appeared in the ROM, and doesn't depend on what ROM I'm using.

Mostly I just want to switch between ring+vibrate and vibrate, but use AM because Android tends to leave alarms on when you silence the phone, which isn't what I usually want.

Upvote 0
I'll update in a bit then, I'm using my other battery today and it doesn't hold its charge as good as my regular one so I'm gonna discharge it fully then pop the other one in the run it, if it doesn't work ill reset battery stats in recovery and see if that helps. But my battery has been no where near as good as it used to be, on redux and miui, so gotta try something it not ill have to go back to using juice defender.

Upvote 0
Hey Ducky - what app is this pls, I can't find one with this name in the market...

just had a look and its doesnt seem to be there anymore, i restore it everytime with titanium, its by team innovate,
ill have to email the dev and if its ok with him ill extract the .apk and pop it into my dropbox for you. ill let you know, its only a basic app that switches ring + vibrate to silent or vibrate or whatever, ill keep you posted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones