1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

What is the best web browser to use

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Magicuk, Sep 2, 2010.

1. cadex

cadex Lurker

You can't dig on someone's spelling whilst neglecting to use a capital I!

Back on topic; I've been using dolphin hd for a few weeks and I've adopted it as my default. I like the tabs, the gesture feature, the fullscreen feature, the various add ons and it seems to be as responsive as the stock browser. Just play around with a few and decide for yourself.

Advertisement

2. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD!

Has tabs and let's you keep the user agent set to Desktop so you can see non-mobile web sites.

3. Dudditz

Dudditz Android Enthusiast

Stock for me, interested in Fennec so will probs be giving that a bash when the beta comes out.

4. mightymax

mightymax Newbie

Actually I'm surprised there isn't more integration with Google Chrome. And is the stock browser it's own bit of software, or is it actually Chrome adapted to mobiles?

I'm just thinking with Firefox coming (albeit sloooowly) to mobile and offering bookmark integration with your desktop etc., it's kinda odd that Google doesn't build more connection between their own desktop browser and Android. But Chrome 2 Phone is a big step in that direction, so presumably there's more on the way.

5. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Another plus for Dolphin HD. I dont find it laggy at all?

It's funny when peeps dig out other posts for spelling, typos or owt else and almost always make a speeling mistook themselves ;) some of the funniest things I've read on forums are down to this.

But, try to remember, NOT all members are native english speakers, hell even some who are cant spoke proper like y'all do :D

6. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I think you'll find it's spelled "ought" ;)

7. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

8. jarv

jarv Lurker

I normally just use the stock browser, but there's a new version of Skyfire available which i will try out for a few days.

9. RaivoNaama

RaivoNaama Newbie

Yep, another vote for the stock browser! I have tried Opera Mini, Skyfire, Dolphin HD and even the non-HD Dolphin browser and some else.. always ended up going back to the stock browser :)

10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I keep Opera mini for when I'm on a slow connection, but otherwise use Stock. Compared a lot of browsers and in the end it was the quality of the reflow that tipped it for me.

But who's to say whether that will change in future - that's the beauty of having choices :)

11. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

Tried Dolphin, really couldn't get on with it. Back to stock now.

12. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Member

I use Dolphin HD at the moment - I feel its a little quicker and the tabs are easier to switch between BUT I find the zoom is a bit dodgy on it

13. Vorridor

Vorridor Newbie

This is one funny as$ thread. Lol tyvm. Needed a good laugh. Let's face the facts, they all sort of suck.

The thread is full of freaking run on sentences, and we wish our phones could just magically reflow the net directly to our skulls. This being said, still running stock here.

14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Not as funny as resurrecting a thread that's been dead for nearly four and half years.

Glad the Froyo stock browser is working out for you! :)

/end thread

nicka3200 likes this.