• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is this included CD and what does it do?

Sorry to ask such a minor question guys, but what is this CD thats included with my HTC Incredible?

I've put it in and it seems it just for turning your phone into Tethered Mode. I don't even know what tethered means. Does the CD also include a digital manual, or a program to manage my phone from my computer? I don't think I want to go through this installation process if I'm never going to use "tethered mode" anyway.

again, sorry for the nubile question. Thanks guys.

Sorry to ask such a minor question guys, but what is this CD thats included with my HTC Incredible?

I've put it in and it seems it just for turning your phone into Tethered Mode. I don't even know what tethered means. Does the CD also include a digital manual, or a program to manage my phone from my computer? I don't think I want to go through this installation process if I'm never going to use "tethered mode" anyway.

again, sorry for the nubile question. Thanks guys.

I hope others will chime in, but from what I can see, yes the only real thing I see that software doing is the tether thing.

I was kind of wondering the samething myself, I have loaded it, and see no other real use for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones