• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What Kind of ROM Work Would You Like To See Next

I've always thought it would be nice if someone could make an OS like Android or Windows where the HW specific portion was modular to the OS and separate. That way you could leave your kernel and drivers and flash the rest.

While we're on the subject again, how about once we are building roms from source for this phone, someone try to make one using the Linaro tool chain?

It is called hardware virtualization.

Upvote 0
Honestly? I don't want this to sound witchy or rude, because I do NOT mean it that way, but.

I would love to see a ROM like broken out without the awful UI changes. I want a custom ROM for performance changes, not appearance changes. UI changes (like clock in the middle, changes in colors, etc) should be left to the user to change, IF they want to do so. I dream of a ROM as sexy as BO without it's unfortunate butterface.

Bonus points if it's based on ics! :)

Have you tried the eclipse ROM? Personally I found it slightly more refined, even though it is not finished. I also had less reboots with the eclipse ROM. I thank both developers for those ROMs, your hard work is greatly appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Mt provided a standalone zip for blitz... Someone running stock v6 rom should try and flash it.

I didn't know he ever made that... I've been avoiding that thread for awhile.. since it hasn't got a updated from and because of log being the cause for 99% of any bugs

I'm about to give it a try.. since I just went back to v6.. the lg launcher ain't too bad.. if only the appdrawer was normal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones